Uconnect 7" SatNav update question

Currently reading:
Uconnect 7" SatNav update question

rikernumber1

Hello All,

I've done some searching and I think I know the answer, but I want to make sure....

We've got a 2017 500 Lounge with the 7" Uconnect SatNav. We've had the car from new (wife's car), and I had assumed that SatNav updates were part of the service for the first three years. I've not really done anything with the car myself until now - although I'm pretty practical with cars and computers the point of buying a brand new one was that I didn't have to mess with it! The car is now 4 years old - and I thought I'd check the SatNav maps version - and they are actually May 2016!

It seems the only legitimate way to update the maps is to take out a Mopar subscription - is that correct? I'm also concerned about the actual software - so I'm not sure simply taking out a subscription and doing them myself will be trouble free.

Just wondering if there are any alternative routes to a 3 year subscription and any guidance on updating the unit? I'm happy to pay for maps, but I don't want to take out a subscription and then find there's an issue because the current maps/software are too out of date.

Any advice welcome!

TIA - Phillip

Hello All,

I've done some searching and I think I know the answer, but I want to make sure....

We've got a 2017 500 Lounge with the 7" Uconnect SatNav. We've had the car from new (wife's car), and I had assumed that SatNav updates were part of the service for the first three years. I've not really done anything with the car myself until now - although I'm pretty practical with cars and computers the point of buying a brand new one was that I didn't have to mess with it! The car is now 4 years old - and I thought I'd check the SatNav maps version - and they are actually May 2016!

It seems the only legitimate way to update the maps is to take out a Mopar subscription - is that correct? I'm also concerned about the actual software - so I'm not sure simply taking out a subscription and doing them myself will be trouble free.

Just wondering if there are any alternative routes to a 3 year subscription and any guidance on updating the unit? I'm happy to pay for maps, but I don't want to take out a subscription and then find there's an issue because the current maps/software are too out of date.

Any advice welcome!

TIA - Phillip
You can't buy a single update
You have to but a 3 year package of update unfortunately

Update on this - Lipcombs Fiat in Canterbury have been in touch; they've quote £99 for three years - which is quite reasonable to my mind. They've advised getting it booked in for them to update the software, which makes sense to me - after which I will update the maps myself via USB.

Back