500 Struggling to get an update for 7" Uconnect

Currently reading:
500 Struggling to get an update for 7" Uconnect

Jodsclass

Hi Everyone.

I wondered if anyone can help. I recently bought a 2017 Fiat 500s after owning a panda for many years. It has the built-in 7" uconnect system, but even though it's a 2017 model, the maps are dated 2015 on the built-in TomTom. I've tried to get an update via the mopar maps site, to no avail. That directs me back to the local dealership network. I’ve contacted the Vospers dealers, 2 in Cornwall, one in Plymouth & one in Exeter. They are telling me I need to do it myself via the website, but that directs me to the dealers. I'm going in circles. This is what I see on the Mopar maps website.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 12.25.24.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 12.25.24.png
    146 KB · Views: 549
On the maps mopar eu site

under

how do I update the navigation system maps?

To update your navigation system maps, register on the website and log into your personal area.
Enter the vehicle identification number (VIN) of your car to find out whether any new updates are available.
If you have Active Map Care:
If a map update is available for your car's navigation system, you can download the updated map:
- directly from your personal page. To install the update, click on "Instructions” on the personal page of the website, next to the "Download map" button. Remember to download the licence file as well as the map file.
- by clicking on the link "GO TO SITE" and following the instructions on the page to download the FCA toolbox software and proceed with the map update

If you want, you can update your car’s navigation system at an authorised Dealership/Service Centre. In this case, the Dealer or Service Centre may charge you for the costs of installing the update on your navigation system.

If your vehicle is not compatible with the Mopar® Map Care service, you will be sent to the map provider's website from where you can download updates optimised for your navigation system.
Find out how to use the Map Update portal:
DOWNLOAD USER MANUAL
WATCH VIDEO TUTORIAL

i presume the above isn’t actually helping you?

Thanks for the replies. Yes I've signed up and entered my VIN on the mopar site, that's what the screenshot is that i posted, telling me to go to a dealer. Problem is, when I click on the dealers button, the 4 near me here in Cornwall are all Vospers. Three of the dealers just won't bother getting back to me and the Plymouth one called to say their technician says they can't do it & I need to do it myself via the mopar website, even though I sent them screenshots of the same site telling me to visit them. It’s driving me mad.

Why don’t you read this threadand see if that dealer would be more helpful, they might be able to point you in the direction of someone who would be helpful local to yo.

alternatively, ring the dealers you have tried and ask to speak to the managing director…
or post on social media….

Why don’t you read this threadand see if that dealer would be more helpful, they might be able to point you in the direction of someone who would be helpful local to yo.

alternatively, ring the dealers you have tried and ask to speak to the managing director…
or post on social media….
Which thread?

I'll try the local dealers again, but honestly they have been less than helpful so far. I'm always waiting for a callback, which never happens. I’ve been waiting two weeks on hearing back from the technician at the Plymouth dealer.

Which thread?

I'll try the local dealers again, but honestly they have been less than helpful so far. I'm always waiting for a callback, which never happens. I’ve been waiting two weeks on hearing back from the technician at the Plymouth dealer.
Bloomin eck I forgot to post it

its rubbish that your local dealers are being so poor.
when you speak to the local dealers, make sure you take the persons name and explain that you’ve called previously and had no response, you don’t want to complain but…… etc etc

Well I dropped them an email (they are a fair distance from me here in Cornwall), but Lipscomb in Canterbury got back to me almost instantly with the following :-

This is something I can certainly help with.
We would need to have the vehicle in our workshop to update the radio software and then download a new 3-year map care subscription.
This would take around 2-3 hours to download and install and the cost would be £250.00.

This is great to know, so the dealers can do it, but this dealership is 300 miles away from me, so not the most convenient. Now to try more local dealers to get a resolution & price.

That's pretty bad wording they dont download the subscription they just update the system of Fiat's side there nothing to install on the car especially if it doesn't need a radio software update which I bet many cars dont

but at least you got a answer from them took a few email's to get my Tipo map licence updated

So I'm back to going around in circles? If anyone knows a good dealer closer to Cornwall who can do this, I really am willing to drive the car there to have this done. My wife loves using the built-in sat nav, but the maps are really quite out of date. We recently drove to Bristol airport & it took us down lanes because it had no idea the new dual carriageway had been built.

the cost would be £250.00.
:eek:

Outrageous.

You could buy a brand new satnav with live traffic and lifetime map updates for a fraction of that.

Even worse, it would appear some franchised dealers aren't interested in taking quite a lot of your money for almost nothing, whilst making it appear they are doing you a favour by even taking the job on.

:eek:

Outrageous.

You could buy a brand new satnav with live traffic and lifetime map updates for a fraction of that.

Even worse, it would appear some franchised dealers aren't interested in taking quite a lot of your money for almost nothing, whilst making it appear they are doing you a favour by even taking the job on.
It is driving me mad. If they would just make the maps available, I'd do it myself. But because the mopar site is refusing & directing me to the dealers, I'm totally stuck. Infuriating. One thing is for sure, never had these kind of issues with our panda. :)

It is driving me mad. If they would just make the maps available, I'd do it myself. But because the mopar site is refusing & directing me to the dealers, I'm totally stuck. Infuriating. One thing is for sure, never had these kind of issues with our panda. :)
You cant get a update online as it's only free for 3years then you need to purchase updates for another 3 years

There's has been report's of people getting the update files from other source's and out on a usb stick and placed in the car and it accepting them

Although this isn't probably "legal" so to speak

£100 would be reasonable. Can the dealer tell it needs a software update without even checking the car? I've had a look for alternative sources for the maps, but I’ve not come across any. I'm more than happy to pay for it to be done, I just can't believe I can't just pay for them online to unlock the subscription & local dealers just aren't interested.

£100 would be reasonable. Can the dealer tell it needs a software update without even checking the car? I've had a look for alternative sources for the maps, but I’ve not come across any. I'm more than happy to pay for it to be done, I just can't believe I can't just pay for them online to unlock the subscription & local dealers just aren't interested.
I think they need to connect to the car for them to be able to authorise the new licence probably some sort of security check type thing on the software

And I don't know of a way for them to check if it needs of software update they said same to me but when connected to there was nothing so just had to pay for the licence

There is some sort of dealer menu with come button combo that has software version I think but without a list of what software there is not sure how much help that would be
Well if @Jodsclass has the same version as you, stands to reason he won't need to pay a software update fee.

And if his is lower, it gives me something to go off and find to add to the downloads section 😁

Well if @Jodsclass has the same version as you, stands to reason he won't need to pay a software update fee.

And if his is lower, it gives me something to go off and find to add to the downloads section 😁
Now this I would be interested in. I’ve no doubt these updates must be a simple case of copying to a flash drive, inserting in the USB port & letting the system self update. I contacted mopar via Twitter, who also gave me the same useless information, so I've now raised this with Fiat customer services here in the UK. I'm happy to install my own maps if they will just let me subscribe to the blooming service!

Back