Panda 2012+ Panda Cross 2021 UConnect 7" - Google Maps

Currently reading:
Panda 2012+ Panda Cross 2021 UConnect 7" - Google Maps

Ciao Guys & girls,

Our shiny new Cross has the 7" touchscreen which is very pretty but not of much practical use as I haven't been able to figure out how to port Google Maps from my phone (Xperia G3421 XA1 Ultra running android 8.0.0) to the screen.

Any suggestions? So far I have Android Auto running on both & connected via usb :bang:

Thanks

Attachments

• Front centre armrest.JPG
    Front centre armrest.JPG
    560.6 KB · Views: 241
Ciao all you good Fiat Forum people!

Just a quick update to say that yesterday I had a "chat" with a Fiat Auto chatbot and subsequently with a live person on the MyFiat site. Nothing resolved there, they can only refer to the UConnect team.

After that I re-read the manual and realised that Android Auto on my phone was probably still not communicating with the car properly, even though the phone numbers were there. Long story short, this morning I connected the two devices again via the phone's own usb cable with ignition on & handbrake applied and waited..........and waited...........checked signal strength of the phone, moved it directly under the windscreen for a stronger signal.......restarted the phone......and finally it all runs, I have maps on the car display so all is well with the world!

Perseverance and Patience, that's the secret.

Cheers,

Attachments

• UConnected.JPG
    UConnected.JPG
    910.7 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
This does look good working. It all seems a pile of hassle. Last night I did a long run and actually thought I couldn't be bothered to faff with memory device and just used the radio. Ween your trying to get from A to B a CD player is quick and instant and reliable. I still miss it big time.

Back