General Tyres: Pirelli

Currently reading:
General Tyres: Pirelli

Doesnt help matters when the front ones ware on the inside [stilo trait ] and the wider the tread the worse it will be :bang:

Its especially bad coming off the M62 near whitley coming from the xscape way :eek::D.

First time i went to pull of there i thought something was wrong with the stilo, it was trying to stay in the grooves :p

the joys of the stilo ;)

still, at least i have a powerful car now to deal with the hills going to the traford centre tomorrow, and then onto my aunties :D (no more 1st gear up them hills) :p

:cry::cry::cry: any way around this prob... would them camber adjusting replacements do???
I think it's a combination of wide tyres and uneven wear rather than any issue with the suspension as such.

Having a new tyre and worn tyre on the same axle seems to make it worst :(

Mine was fine on the original partly worn tyres but started to tram line badly after having one of the fronts replaced. It's well worth swapping front left to right as that can make a big difference.

Those Toyos certainly seem to get good reviews (y)

Anyone know what they're like for fuel consumption (rolling resistance) ?

Doesn't always work though on the stilo and if the inside tyre ware has already started the only course of action is a new set of tyres :bang:

Mine tram lined after I had a puncture repair done ..before that it was rock solid and steered straight ..fitted two new front tyres to the front before its last MOT and bingo steered fine again problem went away ..pressure raised to 37psi on the fronts didn't help until I change the two front tyres with an even tread pattern :(

Tyre place my firm deal with for the company cars have a customer with a Stilo who thinks P7's are a very good choice for the Stilo. Also seemed to think I would get 26K+ out of P6's if I had them on my JTD. :confused:

Me, I am 3K down the road on Uniroyal 550's and the first mm has gone off the fronts & rears so the 'net comments about the 'soft' nature of the compound is obviously true and would expect to get 15-18K out of them. Are quiet, provide fluid steering with very secure + accurate tracking round corners, good fuel economy and comfort and grip very well in the wet and only slightly less so in the dry (y)

Dave may have a point re. the extra 2 PSI - even after the latest 4 wheel alignment - the tramlining or restless nature of the steering is decreased on the straights with more air in the Uni's ;)

Last edited:
Lookin at getin P7000 from mytyres, but now after readin some of this might hold back and get something different. Want my claws back on.

BTW - Hi PNL

You can get some good buyes for mytyres thats where I got mine from (y)and hello to you Si long time no see (y)

Lookin at getin P7000 from mytyres, but now after readin some of this might hold back and get something different.
Don't forget the P7000 is different to the P7 (don't think the 7000 is asymmetric).

There seem to be pros and cons to what ever you consider. Good grip seems to matched with poor rolling resistance for example (and vice versa). Reviews are in the main hopelessly erratic and I suspect this is because some tyres are naturally suited to certain cars and some aren't (at least in terms of comfort & noise)

That's the reason I asked if anyone had actually fitted these tyres to a Stilo rather than relying on general comments in the media.

I like the tyres test on mytyres ..was surprised that some of the not so well known tyres come out better that the more well known ones :chin:

Hi, Argonought,

after reading many of those useless posts (like: "I don't know where the Paris is but know where London is..."), I thought that maybe I can give you first hand opinion, as it looks like we have completely the same car, and I recently bought P7. So...

Some time ago (for a business papooses) I took rent-a-car "passat" with some **** tires and grip was awful. As I needed one more car I took another "passat" but this time I got it with P6 tires on. Wauuuu... The grip, handling, the cornering speed... everything was very close to Michelin tires I had on my BMW. And trust me, I was young and was pushing cars to the limits!

I always preferred Michelin tiers, but on my driving style they wear very fast (30-40k km). My stilo came with Michelin pilot and when time was to replace them I wanted to try out P7.

I now have 4000km on them and they still look like new. I did all wheel alignment same day I bought them. They have great grip on dry (my score 9-10), wery good on wet (8-9) even in sport driving. I even driven them on 5cm of snow and cornering was good but stopping was too long. Overall great handling and breaking (even in sport style driving hardly ever see ASR blinking or ABS engaging), except on snow.
Road noise?... not too much... I mean they are not noisy tires, but you can hear them especially when brand new, driving on that light gray asphalt. Depending of road type and speed sometimes can't hear them at all. Maybe I'm not competent on this matter as I listen to the music all the time driving.
Anyway, comparing to my previous tires, P7 is definitely not noisy tire.

Don't forget the P7000 is different to the P7 (don't think the 7000 is asymmetric).

There seem to be pros and cons to what ever you consider. Good grip seems to matched with poor rolling resistance for example (and vice versa). Reviews are in the main hopelessly erratic and I suspect this is because some tyres are naturally suited to certain cars and some aren't (at least in terms of comfort & noise)

That's the reason I asked if anyone had actually fitted these tyres to a Stilo rather than relying on general comments in the media.

Exactly as you said...

Sorry, but my previous post was about rolling noise... not about comfort & noise.

As about that I think they are bit noisy and less comfort... but I think it is because of 16" wheel size, wide and low profile tire. I drove one with 15" wheels and was more comfort on bumpy road and a bit less noise. But handling was not even near to my car. 15" wheel car was like a balloon compared to my brick steady car on wavy road.

Back