General Tyres: Pirelli

Currently reading:
General Tyres: Pirelli

jonnyk

I've now got Pirelli P6000s on my Abarth and they have the rim protecting edge. I've just replaced the fronts again and this time they've lasted 14000 miles which is a bit more like it.

Jon

Tyre Choice

Hi,

My Stilo Abarth will be needing new front tyres fairly soon. I've currently done about 12000 miles on them. Unfortunately as I live in Milton Keynes (the land of roundabouts) the nearside front has worn on one edge.

The current tyres are Firestone Firehawk 700. Does anyone have any recommendations as to replacements. Should I go for the same again, or has anyone any good or bad experiences with other tyres.

I remember a massive improvement in grip and noise when I switched from Pirelli P6000 to Michelin Pilot Primacy on my previous car (a Nissan 200SX).

The new tyres need to be 205/55 R16 91W.

Regards - Graham

Graham

3DR Stilo Abarth Jet Blue with Skywindow/Leather/Cold Climate Pack/CD Changer

forgot to mention ... my car came with Pirelli's P6 ... they are too good damn hard ... seemes to me like they are made from stone ... handling is not very bad but as I know things about tyres ... softer tyre = better handling ... the tyre should make as much as doing big singings on the road just to stop you, right?

FIAT STILO 1.6 3dR Tiziano Red
Sub=Pioneer TS WX20LPA
AUTOMOBILE SK

Whichever ones you go for try http://www.blackcircles.com
You can have them delivered (£10 per order) and get them fitted locally (my local place quoted £6 each)or fit them via one of their local fitters. The whole srvice was quick, efficient, painless and lot cheaper than other places I tried. I paid £160 fitted for 2 Toyo R610 205/55/16. They give far better grip (wet and dry) than the Firestones that came with the wheels, can't comment on wear yet.
Ebay can have some bargins, I've just bought two pirelli P7s for £60 each, after delivery and fitting they will have cost £72 each.

Mike

Stilo 5 Door
JTD (115bhp)

definetly Pirelli P7000 tyres. Cheap and extremely well in rain. Litle loud though.[8)]

Stilo 3d 1.4 16v black with 17" wheels.

Vresdestein Ultrac or Sportrac II??

Anyone had them before?

or Avon ZZ3's?

I'm looking at either of those two at the moment!

I currently use Pirelli P7000's - 215/45/17

Any help would be much appreciated.

Metalic Jet Blue Fiat Stilo 3 door 1.9JTD with 17" Alloy wheels ; Beige Leather interior and ConnectNAV+....
hmmmm Gorgeous!
Jetweed

Sounds like you gave in a bit easy there pugwash! I would have used the small claim court service at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk to get them to pay up (you pay a £30 court fee up front by credit card which gets refunded when you win).

I am currently trying to change my tyres after the inner rim wear problem on the front wheels. The dealership will say they will only do the modification once new tyres are on. I haven't been too impressed with the Pirelli P6000's which came with the car and they don't have the rim protecting edge for my alloys. They're pretty noisy too.

I am trying to find out if I can fit a higher profile tyre to try and improve the ride quality a little. Currently the tyres are 215/45/R17W, perhaps increase it to a 50 or 55 as there looks like there is a lot of clearance in the wheelarch. I have emailed Fiat for their advice (not sure how much that will be worth!) and have asked a couple of tyre suppliers. Blackcircles say I might need to get a narrower tyre.

Will post any info I get back, I'm sure those of us on 17's would be interested in improving the ride a little.

Fiat Stilo Abarth 3dr. Loden Green, Beige Leather, Sky Window, Cold Climate Pack, 17" Alloys, CD Changer, 260w 8 Speaker Stereo.

Re: Recommend a Tyre

I think I'll go with the NCT's. I've had Pirelli's (p6's) in the past and don't think much of them in the wet. I only wish they'd make tyres specifically for the Stilo, ie don't wear on the edges!.
Cheers.

Re: Recommend a Tyre

Is there a Costco near yourself? (Wharehouse/Cash and Carry type place)

I recently bought 4 Michelin Pilot Exalto 1958/50/15's for £160 fitted and balanced with new valves.

Seem very good tyres and pretty cheap too.

Used to have pirelli P5000 Drago's all the time. Very good grip but a soft compund tyre and would only last me 6 months :(

Recommend me some tyres...

HI all, I need to replace the tyres all the way round on my stilo abarth and currently have pirelli p7000's which have been absolutely fantastic. But because I need 4 I want to to spend as little as possible but keep the quality!
Can anybody else recommend anything else?
I can get new pirelli's for about £105 each fitted but if I can save a bit on each tyre from a different brand becuase I need 4 it'll make quite a bit of difference.

Thanks for your help guys

Cheers
Andrew

Go no ebay...............................

there's a guy on there (artprov) who will sell you a set of 4 Pirrelli P Zeros for your Stilo for £269 inc postage, good value or what ???

Re: Recommend me some tyres...

Just checked mine. I have Firestone Firehawk 700's on the back and Firehawk SZ80's on the front. I have nothing to compare them with on a Stilo and, having only done about 2000 miles since owning the car, can't really comment on wear. They seem fairly quiet and it's very difficult to lose control of the vehicle in any conditions.

From past experience Toyo's are a reasonable budget brand, but I would always say Pirelli's are worth the extra expense.

Re: Go no ebay...............................

tarmac terrorist said:
i tend to stick to kumho or falcon as they're really quite good for budget tyres and they don't wear out to quickly either but i'd imagine that a good tyre outlet could recommend a good tyre if you tell them what sort of performence you want from them

Most tyre outlets are biased towards a manufacturer
eg - ATS - would only recommend goodyear
Kwik Fit - only recommend pirelli

Only examples but where I live there isn't anyone I can trust to give me some good advice.

Re: Recommend me some tyres...

Humm, id not say that Toyo were a budget brand.

For me it seems that Pirelli are a reasonable all rounder however if you have a partcular need or want you could de better elsewhere.

I mentioned my experience withthe 5 as its massively sensative to tyres.

Re: Tyres for my 03 MW JTD

A local tyre shop has recommended I go for Pirelli P6000 next, they reckon the hold as well, and last a little longer.

I don't know about noise, sorry.

They do the for £65 each, which I think is ace.

Back