General Tyres: Pirelli

Currently reading:
General Tyres: Pirelli

Re: New Tyres...

I have a set of budget tyres on my Stilo. They are Federal 4000's from e-bay at £37 a corner. The originals were Pirelli P7000's. They were replaced with Michelins and Champiro's. With hand on heart I can say that the Federal's out perform both for grip. It's too early to say if they match the Pirelli's for wear at this stage but for that price I can afford another set and still have paid less than the Pirelli's.

Re: New Tyres...

Can't really go far wrong with Pirelli (y)

Dont mention pirelli to me Argo :mad: I entered a competition many years ago to do with pirelli and you had to put a snappy slogan in with the entry ..I finally came up with
"From Pwllheli to New deli you are safer on pirelli " damn it boyo I thought youve gone and cracked it this time innit (y) didnt hear a bloody thing from them :cry:

So look here and take your choice

http://www.tyres-online.co.uk/tyretest/tests.asp

Last edited:
New Tyres?

Hi guys,

I’ve decided to treat my car to some new tyres all round as the back two are getting low and it’s got some cheep Chinese rubbish on both fronts. It understeers like mad in the wet!

I think the tyre size for my car is 205/55 16 but I’m not sure as I can’t go look at it at the moment! It’s got the standard alloy wheels on it that came with it (04 1.6 Active Sport).

What tyres should I go for? I’ve been looking and Pirelli Pzeros and Goodyear Eagle F1 have good reviews. I want good grip as I like to push it a bit, but then again I don’t want to be changing them in 5000 miles!

I’m also not sure what size to get. Is it better to get a lower profile tyre? Will that help with the handling? Will it just make the wheels look really small, or does it look better with less sidewall? My car is lowered 35mm, do I need to keep this in mind?

I’ve seen these on blackcircles.com:

http://www.blackcircles.com/information?modelid=3643&cid=&productid=39839

But they are 50% rather than 55%. That good or bad?

Any advice anyone? I know tires are quite a personal preference but I’m just looking for some pointers…

Cheers
Matt

Re: tyre dilemma

:eek: Sorry missed the steelies bit... I did check into 15's for the stock steelies and these came out £5-£10 a tyre cheaper on the brands mentioned, so opted to get the Coupe wheels re-shod.

Experience of 15's on Stilos limited to Dunlop (SP220E & SP300A's), Pirelli (P6000) and Marangoni (Vanto). P6000 seemed to work well on the 1.6, the Dunlops are now obsolete.

Try Tyreshopper http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/ for quality tyres at sane prices (fitted at National). I also checked e-tyres, black circles & my tyres on line and then rang round locally to find what I wanted at the right money. HiQ online prices were also sensible.

Good Luck (y)

Re: tyre dilemma

I've got Pirelli P6000's on my 3 dr. Bog standard Fiat 16" alloys though.

I've done about 16K on these ones, plenty of tread left to get me through winter so I cant recommend these tyres enough.

Car came with Firestone jobbers on it from the dealer, only got about 14K before I had to change them.

i bought them from etyres btw, has to be said not the cheapest but they did come to my work to fit them.

Tyres: Pirelli P7's

Anyone running these on their Stilo?

I've got every confidence they'll handle at least as good as the P6000's I'm currently running but I'm a bit concerned about road noise.

Quite like the asymmetric tread pattern.

I'll be going for 205/55/16 so if anyone has had the same fitted I'd be interested to hear about it.

Just fitted these on pandy and very pleased with them as well

ZiexZE512.jpg

Is it a bird ..a plane.. no its pandy

Picture003.jpg

Last edited:
have you noticed any tramlining growing tire sizes steely :D

going from 15" in my old car to the 17" in the stilo was quite a suprise, sometimes it wants to stay on the motorway as opposed to leaving :eek:

I had the tram lining bad with the stilo ..but not the case with the panda :chin:

Back