General Tyre worn out in 6,500 miles

Currently reading:
General Tyre worn out in 6,500 miles

Most East. Panda. To be honest with you i'm not sure, all I can tell you is that when the dealer was contacted about the banging sound when the steering wheel was turned slightly.
They told us not to drive the car, and a recovery unit would be out that day to pick the car up. it was stated that if the bearing has a total failure it can destroy a front tyre in no time.
One other thing I found out is that the bearing fault seems to be more prolific on the Dynamic with the 16inch wheels.

Cheers for now Ian

It would be interesting to find out how many Qubo's have been affected with the top mount bearing failure, but from what I gathered from local dealers the problem seems to be greater than what is being reported in the forum.

If the heavy and irregulanr tyre ware is in fact dur to the bearing failure then you would think that it is not only up to Fiat to replace the bearing, but also the tyres.
For those who choose to keep their Qubo, they could be looking at very large bills once the warranty runs out. I chose to part with the Qubo, and purchased a Kia Venga, and yes it may be frying pan to fire, but at least there is the 7 year warranty for piece of mind.

I STILL RECKON THERE SHOULD BE A RE-CALL ON THE QUBO.

Just noticed my Front inners have started to go, new tyres fitted by previous owner @16000 now on 22000 so thats a new set every 6000 or so, about the same as my motorbike rears... :mad:

Hi, 14,231 miles now on the original tyres on my Qubo, with at least another 3-4 thousand miles of wear still left on them. I check my tyre pressure weekly, avoid potholes (if possible), and avoid speed humps (which I hate with a vengeance). The car is serviced according to the Fiat schedule.
So I reckon you must have at least 1 or more items either worn or out of sync on yours for that to happen......get it checked out
Cheers Qube O.

For Qube O

Speed bumps are a lot easier to take if you cross them as diagonally as possible, oncoming traffic and other safety considerations permitting.

Our local council put up some big ones but we got a new bus service. The bus operator complained and the council had to reprofile them so they wouldn't mess up the nice new Citaros that were assigned to the route..:):):)

For Qube O

Speed bumps are a lot easier to take if you cross them as diagonally as possible, oncoming traffic and other safety considerations permitting.

Our local council put up some big ones but we got a new bus service. The bus operator complained and the council had to reprofile them so they wouldn't mess up the nice new Citaros that were assigned to the route..:):):)

Morning Fellow Qubist,
My thanks for your reply to my post. Problem is, SOD, normally works his magic, and if I'm approaching a speed hump, either another car is parked right by it, or another vehicle is also approaching from the opposite direction at the same time. Hence I would rather go a extra mile around the obstructions and miss them out altogether.
Re' Bus routes, when our local council humped a council estate, the local bus company had a situation where drivers were getting bad backs, and eventually refused (with the unions backing) to serve that route/estate. The council were forced to alter the humps from full road width, to just small speed cushions.
Take care, Qube O ;)

Just switched my tyres fronts to rear and had tracking done it was very slightly out. Will see how the tyre wear goes.

Back