Technical getting heater control panel out.....

Currently reading:
Technical getting heater control panel out.....

MTD

any diagrams or anyone ever taken it out themselves? It seems there's x4 screws that hold the sod in but to get to them it looks like you have to take the whole soddin front interior panels out? How tf is it done?!?

ty
m

any diagrams or anyone ever taken it out themselves? It seems there's x4 screws that hold the sod in but to get to them it looks like you have to take the whole soddin front interior panels out? How tf is it done?!?

ty
m
Glovebox out, gear knob off and I think side panels either side of centre console. I need to do it myself as my bulbs have blown to the heater control knobs.

If you do it before me, perhaps some pictures and instructions of how you did it would help others.

wish I'd have read this this morning, I'd have taken photos!.....welllllll that was a right fart about! to change the bulbs you just need to remove the air vents, then the surrounds of said vents, the knob of the recirculation lever, then the heater control face (my cars an 08 so didn't mind the odd plastic clip snapping or marks from prying stuff apart with a screw driver!), the heater resistor is underneath the glovebox nearest the 'firewall' ,follow the multiple wires (x4 or 5 I think, will take photos tomorrow), remove the female connection part, then push in x1 plastic lever top n bottom of the resistor body n wiggle/prise that bitch out!...... to get at the resistor you'll need to contort yaself into the passenger footwell, have a torch n flat head screw driver n not be in hearing range of small children/delicate souls that don't like bad language ;-).....

Back