Technical location of outside air temp sensor in 2013 qubo?

Currently reading:
Technical location of outside air temp sensor in 2013 qubo?

nedro018

i have an error message in RPM/Speed Gage display saying "possible ice on the road" and with a temp of close to zero Celsius but it displays this even in the summer. im thinking a defective outside air temp sensor. can anyone tell me:
1) where "exactly" is it located? i would think in one of the fender wells, close to front of the car, away from the engine heat. is is "under" something?
2) is the connector a 2 wire connector? (should be).
thanks. i would like to locate it and remove it before buying a replacement so i can compare it with the replacement part
3) lastly, is there perhaps another cause for this error other than the sensor itself?

MANY THANKS

Hi :)

The sensor:
Often a small black pimple at the bottom of the door mirrors casing

Wiring:

Sometimes in a 'multiplug' with the electric mirror wiring / mirror heat plate

Error reading:

A missing sensor has caused a '-----'
Dotted line.. but a modern display might be different

Some Ducato owners have found inexpensive replacements

SEARCH might find some information

Do let us know what you find (y)

Charlie

Hi :)

The sensor:
Often a small black pimple at the bottom of the door mirrors casing

Wiring:

Sometimes in a 'multiplug' with the electric mirror wiring / mirror heat plate

Error reading:

A missing sensor has caused a '-----'
Dotted line.. but a modern display might be different

Some Ducato owners have found inexpensive replacements

SEARCH might find some information

Do let us know what you find (y)

Charlie
thanks charlie i will look for this sensor in the mirrors. i never thought about there. i dont get any sensor errors running torque scan with the torque app on the phone; there are no errors at all in the computer (with torque app that is...i have multiscan ecu windows program also but havent run that yet i changed my laptop and havent updated the license yet)

yeah Koalar,

charlie seems to think the sensor is in the mirror frame on the bottom of it. i have not verified. my computer is not putting out any codes for a faulty sensor, probably because, this one does not affect the engine too much (coolant temp sensor more impt).

i did spot another 2-wire sensor sitting all by itself in the very front of one of the fender wells, close to front of grill and far from motor. i was thinking that this could be it.

i'll get back when i learn more

yeah Koalar,

charlie seems to think the sensor is in the mirror frame on the bottom of it. i have not verified. my computer is not putting out any codes for a faulty sensor, probably because, this one does not affect the engine too much (coolant temp sensor more impt).

i did spot another 2-wire sensor sitting all by itself in the very front of one of the fender wells, close to front of grill and far from motor. i was thinking that this could be it.

i'll get back when i learn more

Attachments

• IMG_20221228_112806.jpg
    IMG_20221228_112806.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
Is this what what the black pimple looks like Charlie? This is on the bottom of the passenger side mirror. The driver side doesn't have one. How do I remove/replace it? Take off the mirror completely or change on the car? Thanks.

Ohhh....you folks are on it, on top of it. thank you so much for replies! we are a team!

i will resolve this quickly and get back with FB.

in my old cars, this outside air temp sensor was in the fender wells - front side - away from engine heat. but the bottom of the mirror frames is Fab idea. im too old!

thanks for replies! im in Turkey so ill get back on prices on this small job. i really appreciate the help!

PS: The "killed" temperature sensor is a sadly a repeating "standard failure" at the Ducatos (at least 2006 - 2019...) - most assumably it is caused by to high wire resistance / to low wire diameter of the original cable coming from the plug inside the door. If you put the insulationdown from the original cables you may see they got hot / oxidized. I have exchanged the cabeling from approx.50mm at the new sensor towards the plug in the door, with slightly more diameter cable - since then never needed to exchange the sensor.

Back