Technical Twinair turbo coolant pipe pinhole and leak

Currently reading:
Technical Twinair turbo coolant pipe pinhole and leak

Kawajohn

HI All, My wifes 500 Convertible twinair has sprung another leak. (First one was a holed core plug last year)

The coolant pipe from the turbo to the expansion tank has started to leak from a pin hole in the metal part across the top of the engine, it seems to have worn through due to contacting the heat plate underneath it. (Hole is in the area circled in the picture)

Question is has anyone else had this?

Can any one identify the pipe by part number, the local Fiat garage is hopeless without taking the car into them.

Or does anyone have a good secondhand part available?

Thanks in advance.

John

Attachments

• turbo coolant pipe.jpg
    turbo coolant pipe.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 138
Epoxy,,,
Take off, dry, clean up with sand paper, use a thin strip of metal( like coke can ) glue, cable ties to hold whilst setting job done for almost nothing?
I know someone that did exactly that on an aircon pipe, ‘we’ were expecting the worst and it was still fine three years later wehn he traded it in

HI All, My wifes 500 Convertible twinair has sprung another leak. (First one was a holed core plug last year)

The coolant pipe from the turbo to the expansion tank has started to leak from a pin hole in the metal part across the top of the engine, it seems to have worn through due to contacting the heat plate underneath it. (Hole is in the area circled in the picture)

Question is has anyone else had this?

Can any one identify the pipe by part number, the local Fiat garage is hopeless without taking the car into them.

Or does anyone have a good secondhand part available?

Thanks in advance.

John

Certainly not a common failure..

Expansion tank itself had poor joints on older models :(

Back