Technical Turning over but wont fire.

Currently reading:
Technical Turning over but wont fire.

Just found the earth to the gearbox broken off from the body, repaired this but no change, still won't start.

Fair chance the extension from battery to Chassis to gearbox
ALL WANTS REPLACING

Common item to stop the motor running, as it breaks communication with lots of sensors
Took them all off and checked the connections and all good, I've put a lug on the damaged cable and reconnected it.
Might replace the cable if it will help.
I have had a jump lead from the battery to the engine but no different.

Last edited:
Update on the issues.
Looks like the car is flooding when turning over.
Local garage pulled the fuel supply and it ran for about 10 seconds, so it's a runner.
He reckons the ecu is faulty so replacement virgin ecu ordered and waiting to be fitted ASAP, I'll update again if and when this ever gets resolved.

Update on the issues.
Looks like the car is flooding when turning over.
Local garage pulled the fuel supply and it ran for about 10 seconds, so it's a runner.
He reckons the ecu is faulty so replacement virgin ecu ordered and waiting to be fitted ASAP, I'll update again if and when this ever gets resolved.
Had something similar on a customers Nissan Micra some years ago , turned out it was a known fault that needed a new temp sensor and modified wiring plug which fixed it. Basically on that one if you started and drove off from cold then no problem, but if stopped and restarted it would flood engine and as your garage found "pulling fuel supply" fuse in this case, it could be run again.
When fault occurred if plugs pulled out cylinders were full of petrol.
Point being it may not be the ECU.
However with all that flooding I advise oil and filter change urgently.

Update
Never did find solution after a new ecu and new fuel rail so decided enough was enough and bought the daughter a new car and weighed the punto in for scrap.
Did try selling as a non runner but too many time wasters, the scrap man turned up the next day and it was gone.

Thanks for all the help and advice from all those that commented

Back