Technical Turning off the passenger airbag

Currently reading:
Technical Turning off the passenger airbag

Reddoblo

I'm trying to turn off the passenger airbag in my 61 plate doblo.

I have read the manual and done what that has said. I have checked this forum and others, but can't find an answer.

When I cycle through the menu on the dash the passenger airbag option doesn't appear. As far as I'm concerned the van has passenger airbags as airbag is stamped in the dash.

Does anyone have any clue as to how I can turn them off when it's available on the dash menu

I'm trying to turn off the passenger airbag in my 61 plate doblo.

I have read the manual and done what that has said. I have checked this forum and others, but can't find an answer.

When I cycle through the menu on the dash the passenger airbag option doesn't appear. As far as I'm concerned the van has passenger airbags as airbag is stamped in the dash.

Does anyone have any clue as to how I can turn them off when it's available on the dash menu
This is from a 1.6 Doblo Maxi van 2010 any good?

Attachments

• DSCF0720.JPG
    DSCF0720.JPG
    415.3 KB · Views: 66
This is from a 1.6 Doblo Maxi van 2010 any good?
Thanks very much. Unfortunately it's the same instructions. Doesn't matter which way I scroll or how long I press the SET ESC button the BAGP function isn't there.

I've tried with the engine running, not running, ignition on and off. Pressing and holding everything you can think of but it's not coming up

Thanks very much. Unfortunately it's the same instructions. Doesn't matter which way I scroll or how long I press the SET ESC button the BAGP function isn't there.

I've tried with the engine running, not running, ignition on and off. Pressing and holding everything you can think of but it's not coming up
Sorry ;).
I don't know if any one with more specific Fiat knowledge can tell you whether it is like where some cars can only have their service light shut off with a Dealer grade diagnostic tool. Maybe the multiecuscan guys can advise.

Likely no use but have you looked in the glove box for a key switch
Always worth checking, just in case, though a 61 plate should probably be done through the ECU etc.
Mind you years ago we had a customer who bought a "brand new" Mazda 1600 Pick up that we in the workshop had trouble identifying for parts, it turned out it had languished in the showroom for several years before being sold as "new". Customer was not amused!!!

You are not the only one to struggle with sequence of menus / button presses

Hopefully the link above is helpful

I can get to every other function on the system. But the airbag just isn't there unfortunately.

I think my only option is is get ECU multi tester on it.

I can get to every other function on the system. But the airbag just isn't there unfortunately.

I think my only option is is get ECU multi tester on it.

Hi ,
I am about an hour from you.. but my Kit is another hour the other way

So could maybe arrange to meet next weekend ?

Click on my username to contact me directly if you think that will work

Turning off the passenger air bag is usually done so a baby seat can be put on the front seat, so the control should be easily accessible, doubt it would be in the menu you are looking at.
Most cars I have had had a key hole in the glovebox facia just under the lid with a red boarder around it, you simply put the ignition key in it and turn it off and a warning light would come up on the dashboard.
Just keep in mind if you forget to turn it back on and someone is seriously hurt in an accident you will be in lots of trouble.

Turning off the passenger air bag is usually done so a baby seat can be put on the front seat, so the control should be easily accessible, doubt it would be in the menu you are looking at.
Most cars I have had had a key hole in the glovebox facia just under the lid with a red boarder around it, you simply put the ignition key in it and turn it off and a warning light would come up on the dashboard.
Just keep in mind if you forget to turn it back on and someone is seriously hurt in an accident you will be in lots of trouble.
The manual says it's in the menu. If there is a key somewhere I've not found it and I've looked everywhere.

It is for a baby seat. Kinda desperate as I don't want to sell the van

Hi ,
I am about an hour from you.. but my Kit is another hour the other way

So could maybe arrange to meet next weekend ?

Click on my username to contact me directly if you think that will work
I'll message you, thanks very much for the offer

The manual says it's in the menu. If there is a key somewhere I've not found it and I've looked everywhere.

It is for a baby seat. Kinda desperate as I don't want to sell the van

I wouldnt rule out there being no airbag..

But the standard airbag moulding on the dash says otherwise.

Anybody got a copy of ePER that covers your build?

Open passenger door look at side part of dash that is covered up by door when closed...... there may be an key operated air bag switch there
I'm not 100% but worth looking

The key to operated the switch is the ignition key - sensible Fiat

Here is an earlier ePER

SEARCH that airbag part number..

I wouldnt be too shocked if its an option you do not have fitted

If it's not fitted happy days. But as airbag is embossed on the passenger side of the dash I don't want to take that risk with a baby seat.

And dismantling the dashboard seems a little extreme to find out that I don't have a passenger airbag. I'd also be a little pissed if they didn't fit one when it's clearly printed on the dash...

When I turn the ignition on the airbag light appears, but that doesn't tell you if there is a passenger airbag.

If it's not fitted happy days. But as airbag is embossed on the passenger side of the dash I don't want to take that risk with a baby seat.

And dismantling the dashboard seems a little extreme to find out that I don't have a passenger airbag. I'd also be a little pissed if they didn't fit one when it's clearly printed on the dash...

When I turn the ignition on the airbag light appears, but that doesn't tell you if there is a passenger airbag.
What is your full VIN number? (PM me if you are concerned about publicaly posting)

Back