General Turbo actuator 1.3 multijet

Currently reading:
General Turbo actuator 1.3 multijet

Kayleigh23

Hello. I purchased a fiat punto gbt 1.3 multijet on Saturday. We've had no end of problems, turbo and dpf related. Turned out the previous owner had *kindly* taken off the dash and taped over the engine management light.
So we have now started clearing the dpf, and the code is no longer coming up.
My husband has also cleaned the turbo wastegate.
The only code coming up now is for the turbo actuator position sensor. Can you simply replace the sensor, or does the whole actuator need replacing? Any ideas where I could find what I need?
Thanks.

Hi and welcome to you both 🙂

The 1248cc multi jet is a very common motor
Vauxhall, Suzuki as well as the Italians 😉

Most knowledge and information here is with the 2012+ Panda (as the punto hasn't sold well in the last 10 years here) 🤔

My punto is a Twinair.. But have the early 1248 variant in a Grande

The forums EPER Resource can be very useful looking for replacement parts 👍

Hello. I purchased a fiat punto gbt 1.3 multijet on Saturday. We've had no end of problems, turbo and dpf related. Turned out the previous owner had *kindly* taken off the dash and taped over the engine management light.
So we have now started clearing the dpf, and the code is no longer coming up.
My husband has also cleaned the turbo wastegate.
The only code coming up now is for the turbo actuator position sensor. Can you simply replace the sensor, or does the whole actuator need replacing? Any ideas where I could find what I need?
Thanks.

I had the same problem this is what I bought after being advised on this forum by@jackwhoo

I had the same problem this is what I bought after being advised on this forum by@jackwhoo
Thank you. We have now bought and fitted a new actuator. However, we are now having a code come up for overboost. Seems to be one problem after another at the moment.

Do you know how to calibrate the actuator? Unsure of where the bolts are supposed to sit.

Attachments

• 20231020_184345.jpg
    20231020_184345.jpg
    842.2 KB · Views: 42
Is it possible if the previous owner was stupid enough to blank/tape over warning lights,maybe he played around with the turbo boost position it's self, so need correcting on the new one rather than using same settings as on the old one as you would expect?

Is it possible if the previous owner was stupid enough to blank/tape over warning lights,maybe he played around with the turbo boost position it's self, so need correcting on the new one rather than using same settings as on the old one as you would expect?
Yes, that's what we are now thinking too. Off to the garage again today, hopefully it'll be sorted 🤞🏻

Back