Tuning Tuning chip box

Currently reading:
Tuning Tuning chip box

Power increases from 100hp to 151hp and fuel consumption goes down by 20%.......

I think it's fair to say it's a load of b*****ks stick to known methods proper remaps and not plug in boxes.

Remember the HGT is only an 8v and although used in saabs and vauxhalls and getting 150hp or more these engines all use 16v heads it's possible to squeeze a lot more power out of the HGT multijet but they're more conventional such as bigger intercooler and remap rather than plug in gizmos

Also note the weak point is the dual mass flywheel and clutch too much power and torque and you risk wrecking the DMF in no time

It's just not feasible to get 50% more power AND 20% less fuel consumption without mechanical modifications or something else getting worse. IF you really get the claimed increases, then something else must give. This will probably be engine life and emissions. It almost certainly just makes the engne run lean and possibly overboosted.
There is no indication on the website of what the box does or how it does it. There is also no indication that it maintains the cars warranty or emissions compliance. Good luck getting your money back from Italy if you don't like it.

What youve got to think is the punto isnt designed to have extra power. The brakes arent powerful enough. Then there are plenty of other upgrades you would have to do to make it safe and to cope with extra power

the brakes on the Punto HGT multijet are much much bigger and more powerful than all the others and should easily cope with and extra 50BHP the weight of the car won't have increased

lets put it like this, the rear discs on the multijet HGT are as big as the front discs on a 1.2 8v

the gearbox clutch etc are all specific to this model as well making it almost designed to be tuned, look over in the grande section and you'll see plenty of 1.9 multijets tuned well above 150bhp with largely the same breaking components. unlike the HGT though they have gearboxes made of chocolate ;)

the brakes on the Punto HGT multijet are much much bigger and more powerful than all the others and should easily cope with and extra 50BHP the weight of the car won't have increased

lets put it like this, the rear discs on the multijet HGT are as big as the front discs on a 1.2 8v

the gearbox clutch etc are all specific to this model as well making it almost designed to be tuned, look over in the grande section and you'll see plenty of 1.9 multijets tuned well above 150bhp with largely the same breaking components. unlike the HGT though they have gearboxes made of chocolate ;)

Have you still got your grande, havnt seen any updates for a while on it? AndyRKett

Yeah trying to sell it at the moment but can't give it away, seems the grande is about as popular as a UKIP member in central Bradford.

I'd argue it's justified (y)

Haha well i have to say i would choose yours over others because its clear its been looked after once youve got it.

A good selling point say its youtube famous haha

Back