Technical Trim questions for 4x4 owners

Currently reading:
Technical Trim questions for 4x4 owners

Hi folks

My 4x4 Panda is often used in its intended environment and regularly strays from the beaten track. I've noticed today that a bit of the plastic trim on the rear bumper is missing. Thinking back, this probably got 'loosened' by the shrubbery I squeezed through a week or so back but seems to have fallen off more recently. Does anyone know what holds the piece numbered '3' in the drawing below onto the car? The bit below it (4) has a screw, as does the part on the wheel arch itself. But item 3 looks like it might have been glued in place? I ask as I will buy a new part but need to know if I need to be buying screws, clips etc too. Looking at the the other side, there's nothing obvious. In the diagram, part 6 is a tube of glue - which might answer the question.

Thanks
Pete

1699965769718.png

It's sort of clipped in place by little taps on the part and is also held by the trim part above and below it. Can't remember there being any screws. A bit of glue wouldn't hurt as they aren't very secure.

My waze is not exactly the same but almost identical. When fitting the towbar I broke this part and it was very easy to do so. I think it was basically a clip on part that I should have left alone. I did think there was one short screw as well,

Last edited:
My waze is not exactly the same but almost identical. When fitting the towbar I broke this part and it was very easy to do so. I think it was basically a clip on part that I should have left alone. I did think there was one short screw as well,
Hi folks

My 4x4 Panda is often used in its intended environment and regularly strays from the beaten track. I've noticed today that a bit of the plastic trim on the rear bumper is missing. Thinking back, this probably got 'loosened' by the shrubbery I squeezed through a week or so back but seems to have fallen off more recently. Does anyone know what holds the piece numbered '3' in the drawing below onto the car? The bit below it (4) has a screw, as does the part on the wheel arch itself. But item 3 looks like it might have been glued in place? I ask as I will buy a new part but need to know if I need to be buying screws, clips etc too. Looking at the the other side, there's nothing obvious. In the diagram, part 6 is a tube of glue - which might answer the question.

Thanks
Pete

View attachment 433417
Snap! Here's the Shop4Parts reference, price is over a year old now;

1700055700641.png

And these are the clips you need (eBay in my case) I think they were 6mm required size but I ordered 5mm too to be sure. Interestingly the original lost trim piece appeared to have been bonded on with some-or-other chassis mastic but I think this was part of a repair following a rear end shunt (before my ownership). By the way @Herts Hillhopper was it you I followed down Gresley Way a few weeks back..?

1700055994211.png

Snap! Here's the Shop4Parts reference, price is over a year old now;

View attachment 433472

And these are the clips you need (eBay in my case) I think they were 6mm required size but I ordered 5mm too to be sure. Interestingly the original lost trim piece appeared to have been bonded on with some-or-other chassis mastic but I think this was part of a repair following a rear end shunt (before my ownership). By the way @Herts Hillhopper was it you I followed down Gresley Way a few weeks back..?

View attachment 433473
Ah ha…
Thank you…
And yes!!

It appears I need some of those stainless clips then. Mine doesn't have any!! No wonder it's not very secure.

I've just been looking and the plastic pins are there but the metal washer thingys are not. Looks like they've been off in the past and pushed back on with the help of a bit of mastic. Cheers.

I've just been looking and the plastic pins are there but the metal washer thingys are not. Looks like they've been off in the past and pushed back on with the help of a bit of mastic. Cheers.
I guess it's feasible (read, most likely) that the original clips were not stainless with the inevitable outcome..?

EDIT; The stainless clips were my solution OEM may not use anything like this

If we’re referring to Part 3 is that site the only place we can get it from?
I’ve always found it strange how my Pop had a different rear end to everyone else and now Part 3 has come off I think I might have a 4x4 bumper….
Has anyone else noticed this? Year is 2013

If we’re referring to Part 3 is that site the only place we can get it from?
I’ve always found it strange how my Pop had a different rear end to everyone else and now Part 3 has come off I think I might have a 4x4 bumper….
Has anyone else noticed this? Year is 2013
Rear of a Panda Pop (first photo) - no side plastic mouldings at all and single black section connects reverse and rear fog lights
1701208253306.png

And below, the 4x4 - note the black trim extends all the way around the wheel arch and along under the sills too. There's a central black and silver 'skid plate' in the centre the rear bumper.
1701208390663.png

Note by the way this is until about 2019/20, where Fiat started clearing out the parts bins, so they all got Cross or 4x4 bumpers and side trims after then...

Image sources: (1) https://www.graysgarage.co.uk/used-cars-for-sale-warwick/fiat-panda-1-2-pop-euro-6-5dr/
and (2) https://ingramcars.co.uk/car/used-fiat-panda-4x4-twinair-5dr-peacehaven-east-sussex/

Last edited:
Rear of a Panda Pop (first photo) - no side plastic mouldings at all and single black section connects reverse and rear fog lights
View attachment 434055

And below, the 4x4 - note the black trim extends all the way around the wheel arch and along under the sills too. There's a central black and silver 'skid plate' in the centre the rear bumper.
View attachment 434056

Image sources: (1) https://www.graysgarage.co.uk/used-cars-for-sale-warwick/fiat-panda-1-2-pop-euro-6-5dr/
and (2) https://ingramcars.co.uk/car/used-fiat-panda-4x4-twinair-5dr-peacehaven-east-sussex/
Yeah so I’ve got a Pop with a whole different 4x4 bumper on? See pics. Part 3 missing in last one

Attachments

• E5481118-8B25-4B2B-81CB-2DDA1F6EC081.jpeg
    E5481118-8B25-4B2B-81CB-2DDA1F6EC081.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 32
  • 6427D2F2-4C35-4C30-8ED3-D1552E482A00.jpeg
    6427D2F2-4C35-4C30-8ED3-D1552E482A00.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 35
  • AA328948-93F4-4384-83F5-57D413DDA245.jpeg
    AA328948-93F4-4384-83F5-57D413DDA245.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
Yeah so I’ve got a Pop with a whole different 4x4 bumper on? See pics. Part 3 missing in last one
Interesting combo! And as yours appears to be a 63 plate a long time before any parts clearance I would have thought? Maybe it's had some "rear end work"?? (And someone mis-ordered!)

Interesting combo! And as yours appears to be a 63 plate a long time before any parts clearance I would have thought? Maybe it's had some "rear end work"?? (And someone mis-ordered!)

I’m thinking that maybe it’s been replaced (they’ve done a good job tbf 😂). Unfortunately at the moment that part (Part 3) is going for around £40 which is a bit pricey for a 12 inch piece of moulding.
There is actually the same mould of a wrecked 4x4 but it’s on the other side 😭

I’m thinking that maybe it’s been replaced (they’ve done a good job tbf 😂). Unfortunately at the moment that part (Part 3) is going for around £40 which is a bit pricey for a 12 inch piece of moulding.
There is actually the same mould of a wrecked 4x4 but it’s on the other side 😭
From further up the thread:

1701258257171.png

Back