General Top Gear

Currently reading:
General Top Gear

i bet your extemly happy with your car, i know i would be if i could afford the insurance. but lets wait untill you gat the supercharger and then i bet you will never be able to resist the traffice light drag strips. come on the fiats!!

NOS!! why not, if the ameiacans can do it in a film (2f2f) then why not, but just watch the wear on you front tyres now. should be bloody rapid i'm thinking. maybee som 18's or even 19's to help with traction off the line. worth thinking about i think.

Just install a better exhaust, a Novitec supercharger kit, a cold-air induction system and some coil-overs. With all the goodies listed here the car should cost about the same as a Megane 225. And maybe beat the crap out of it. But for others here, the car was launched in 2001, when the only available competitors had a maximum of 190 HP and its more common rival, the VW GTI, had 180 HP. Heck, even the top-of-the-line V6 offerings by Audi and BMW were under 200 HP at the time. I just wish Fiat would do something about it, like add a factory-installed supercharger or sth.

Maybe indeed, would be an interesting race if Top Gear ever got round to doing it?! :)

I am sorely tempted by that Atom, though. Not at this point in time, but could be an option in a few years. Jules comes from a biking family, so this could be the ideal comprimise - deffo something for those long summer nights! Although boot space is a bit minimal!?

Re: Stu................................

twincamms said:
get yourself a bike, then you too can dress like a Power-Ranger and meet me for rides out at weekends!
I know I would kill myself on a bike, lol.....

At least you get some decent over-steer with the Atom :D

@ WRP, I admit I missed what the engine was? But that sounds awesome, and would explain the high rev range...

Aw, I want one now :(

Re: Yes.....................

Rover 120bhp, behave......

It would have to be the proper one, with uprated brakes iirc, lol.

And yes, there are a lot more priorities between now and then! And anyway, the Stilo was only a fun toy for now - gets me to work and back everyday :D

The Atom was amazing, but if you have floppy skin I would advise a helmet :)

Me and the Mrs were in stitches at JC..

like you Stu, I would consider it as a future purchase, may be a bit scary out on the road though, with all those big trucks that won't see you screaming down the side of them.. lol i spose you could go underneath and come out the other side :cool:

JC is sooooooooooo funny..........................

he took the **** out of bikers, tried to say they were all suffering from mid-life crisis (says the man who ordered a GT40) and then said that the Atom was faster, more fun and a much better alternative!

T w a t!!!! He's missed the point. I went out and spent £3k on a bike that gives me 0 - 60 in about 3.5 seconds, 100 comes in about 5 seconds and it tops out at 160mph. It costs £15 to MOT, £45 a year to tax and £300 a year to insure.

Now most of us probably have a mortgage, bills and families to maintain and we are looking for cheap thrills, how much was the Atom? £25 grand? He needs to stop being a Nonce and realise that the common man doesn't have £25k to spend on a weekend toy! Not everyone is as wealthy as him, he lives in Cloud Cuckoo Land!

Oooh he winds me up! Clarkson, make that bloody show real again! Stop being a self indugent prick who can't see further than the £100k exotica that you keep on showing us! WE CAN'T AFFORD IT! Get real!

Re: JC is sooooooooooo funny..........................

I think you mean "ponce" lol TC.

I agree what you are saying and that's what I was thinking throughout, however, for the man that can afford it, it probably is more fun and that's what he was trying to get at I expect - just in typical JC fashion. He always gives half the story!

I don't remember him saying the top speed of the atom?

Good point, the top speed was never mentioned!

For me, the Atom is a viable and a better alternative to a bike; it is not aimed at the little man in the street, surely, but for those people who can enjoy a second weekend/track day car. I thought it was quite reasonably priced considering the thrill factor.

I thought Top Gear was supposed to be funny as well? What were they supposed to pitch it against? A C5? [as in Sinclair, lol ;)]

And I suppose they all took the p*ss out of those cheap Daihatsus, etc - but can't see anyone on here moaning about that! :)

That pissed me off actually ;)

I couldn't understand why part of their testing was to prove the 1.3 litre fairly larged car couldn't get up a fairly steep hill in fifth when starting at the bottom at 30. Few cars could do that.

Secondly the whole thing was as if there were no good cars from those companies then he brought up the Hyundi Coupé.

I do love TG how it is but think JC too often gives only half (if that) of the story.

TC, I really don't think he is a nonce which I thought was a Peadophile(??) but a ponce (i.e. snobby etc.) he definitely is!

Paul...........................

I dunno, I aint got full command of di Inglish langwaj so you is probably rite man!

Stu, the small man in the street, sorry, I keep forgetting that you are a multi-millionaire high flying, jet setting entrepreneur. Sorry, I may be missing the point of TG, it used to be about reviewing real cars for real people, now it’s all about parading the worlds most expensive and exotic cars on TV and JC indulging himself! I don’t think he’s quite got the balance right, don’t get me wrong, I love the Supercar and track stuff but we need some real reviews on real cars. It also pisses me off that we only see the brands he likes and wishes to promote. Ever seen your Stilo featured in a Hot Hatch feature, or a GT feature? No offense Stu, it’s just my opinion, now I’ll get back to that street that I came from……………………………………….

Wakey, wakey Stu.........................

Stuart DemonD said:
For me, the Atom is a viable and a better alternative to a bike; it is not aimed at the little man in the street, surely, but for those people who can enjoy a second weekend/track day car. I thought it was quite reasonably priced considering the thrill factor.

Sorry Stu, that quote has really got me, how many people in the real world do you know who can spunk £25k for a weekend toy?

You need a reality check my friend!

I am already awake, TC.........................

twincamms said:
Sorry Stu, that quote has really got me, how many people in the real world do you know who can spunk £25k for a weekend toy?

You need a reality check my friend!
Sorry, TC, you don't seem to understand my future earning potential, do you?!

I never said I can afford it now, but it was something for the future! In a few years time, Jules can give up work, and I will be taking over part of the business I am in now.

Considering my boss/dad has just paid £70k cash for a new SL 500, can you now understand the profits he makes?

Personally, within 4 to 5 years, earnings of £100k+ for me are viable, and within 2 years I am looking at, say, £50k+.

I don't need a reality check at all :)

BUT I would if I said I could buy one NOW, which I never did.

Back