TomTom BLue&Me with Fiat 500?

Currently reading:
TomTom BLue&Me with Fiat 500?

Hi all,

Here is my part of the puzzle with Tomtom Blue&Me on the 500.
I received my 500C Rock about 3 weeks ago.
Since I ordered it in France (not available at the time in Belgium), I received the Magnetti Marelli so-called GPS with the 2007 (?!) France Map in it (Fiat/magnetti, why don't you give Europe and an up to date one with a brand new car).

Anyway, If I had to spend 99€ for a Benelux Map and another 99€/counrty on a crapy device, I decided I would be better with the Tomtom B&M for 279€, Europe included. Even if the Bluetooth connection doesn't work (yet) with the 500.

So I did. I purchased the device. It is a joy to use, it is powered by the 'hole in the dash 54k option' and no, with the software version I have (I suppose 5.4.11), it doesn't connect to Bluetooth.
For all the rest, the answer is yes, you can put a Tomtom in a 500/500C, it works, and it is far more better than the Magnetti Marelli (which will go on sale on ebay very soon).

Now, the only thing I'm not sure ,and may be someone can help me here, is the version of my blue&me system. As it is brand new, I suppose it is 5.4.11.
When I try to update it to that version, I get USB Error 10. Log file :

Device ID: 0x0014 091e fd50

Detected:
Build = 9093
Hw = C1
P_Img = 1

9093_P

Update not available !

Despite disconnecting the negative pole of the battery for 1 hour, all settings are still there, no upgrade possible, USB error 10 and only the time is back to 0:00.

Am I doing something wrong ?
Can someone tell me how to verify the installed version of my B&M software ?
Some blokes on cinquecentisti . com are saying that 5.4.11 should allow Tomtom B&M to be bluetooth connected to the 500.
I really want to that to work.

Thank for reading and for your answers.

refering to my earlier post, more video's on the Navigation thread,
https://www.fiatforum.com/satellite-navigation/205243-blu-me-maps.html

The German weblog guy, Mathias, is saying it does use the power outlet but doesn't support B&M on the 500.

Csaba, in fact there are 3 naviagtion systems

B&M Navigation (just arrows)
B&M Map
B&M TomTom

And to 101. The aditinonal maps for the B&M Map system only costs a € 37 in the Netherlands. B&M NAV are more costly. Did you order the right one's?

Last edited:
recently on a course I was on it was confirmed, B&M Tom Tom will charge from a 500 dock, and will work happily as a Tom Tom unit, but will not work with the Bluetooth features (steering wheel controls, eco drive indicator etc).

recently on a course I was on it was confirmed, B&M Tom Tom will charge from a 500 dock, and will work happily as a Tom Tom unit, but will not work with the Bluetooth features (steering wheel controls, eco drive indicator etc).
No reason why it couldn't be made to work properly in the future though IMHO. Mito works with the Navman unit and the TomTom unit and like I said all it takes in a software upgrade. I reckon there's something silly like an exclusivity agreement where Navman have the sole rights to make a 500 compatible satnav or something.

Quick question, after reading the posts concerning the Blue and Me TomTom, am I correct in assuming the following:-

The TomTom Blue and Me unit WILL power off the dash socket without the need for any other cables at all.

The TomTom Blue and Me unit will work as a stand alone unit in the same was any other sat nav would work.

Currently it will not integrate with Blue and me but might well do in the future?

Just wanted to check before I buy one as my current sat nav has gone to sat nav heaven.

Thanks!
:)

Maxi, nobody said that it works, but it will ;)
Those videos originally posted on the fiat500blog.de site few months ago and basically they just showed us that the device powered on properly on the same dash hole where you plugged the B&M MAP so you've got a working standalone nav system but it cannot connect to the B&M system, but as soon as we have some offical updates from Fiat hopefully it will work.
Anyway the cinquecentisti community has a pretty good relationship with Fiat and also the mentioned guy has already provided a new version (5.4.11) which is really not an official version but at least fixed a many issues what we experienced in the 5.4.9 official version.
Hopefully Fiat will release something official soon so we will be able to use a good nav system with B&M.

After a recent headache with Blue&Me TomTom for my Evo, ive learnt a couple of things, the main thing is: 5.4.9 is 5.4.11, the 5.4.9 link on the fiat website downloads exactly the same files (and contents of those files) as 5.4.11.

Anyway, as others have said, im sure the 500 with the TomTom Port it'll be powered but the Blue&Me wont link up with the car, however if anyones looking to buy a high-end tomtom, the Blue&Me TomTom is a brilliant bit of kit even without Blue&Me connected, has UK/Euro maps, Bluetooth, Voice control, IQ Routes, and a few other bits. Could easily spend £250+ on a satnav of equal spec.

A side note though, people who plan to use it as a standalone normal unit (not using the 500 Port) might have to buy a charger & some other odd bits aswell, the Blue&Me TomTom uses a different connecting port to other TomToms, other tomtoms in my experience (i bought a "new" one in august) use a Micro-USB, the B&M TomTom uses something different, but it still comes with a lead to plug into PC (via USB).... so a charger with USB socket would need to be found, and a holder would be an issue. (If not using the in-car Port)

Last edited:
OK, THX

Ja, i have the port, so i don't need additional power from the cigarret lighter right ?

But it is still a rumour that there will be an update for the 500 or is this officially announced by FIAT ?

Something I quite don't understand:

Does the craddle for the Tomtom will get the power from a special dashboard port? Is it that usb port down under, or is there a port on the dashboard? Does every 500 have a port on the dashboard? I mean, I can't see any port up on the dashboard, only that one close to the cigarette lighter...

Does the craddle for the Tomtom will get the power from a special dashboard port? Is it that usb port down under, or is there a port on the dashboard? Does every 500 have a port on the dashboard? I mean, I can't see any port up on the dashboard, only that one close to the cigarette lighter...

Hi Francis, Here's a picture of the port on the dashboard.

The TomTom sits in and charges from this port.

https://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/data/500/IMGP1071.JPG

Hey Janep1!

thanks a lot!

Well, I don't have it... :( I wonder if there's any other nav system I can use with my 500 that's compatible with its Blue&me sans dashboard port...

Does anyone know if you can buy the dock separately as I would like to use my current TomTom Go 730T if it is compatible. I appreciate it will only get power from this port (no Blue & ME functionality) but there is also the advantage of not having to use a separate mount.

My Fiat dealer doesn't list the dock as a stand alone unit, only as part of the SatNav package. :mad:

Does anyone know if you can buy the dock separately as I would like to use my current TomTom Go 730T if it is compatible. I appreciate it will only get power from this port (no Blue & ME functionality) but there is also the advantage of not having to use a separate mount.

My Fiat dealer doesn't list the dock as a stand alone unit, only as part of the SatNav package. :mad:
Not that it matters to you but http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/products/built-in-car-navigation/blueme-tomtom/#tab:specifications shows the dock as being seperate so surely if you call TomTom up and say "oops! I broke my dash dock" they'll sell you one?

I bought one last month - see the last post of
https://www.fiatforum.com/satellite-navigation/233927-totom-cradle-54k-option-part-number.html

Oh, and you can't get it from TomTom - they say it's a Fiat part. I tried that first.

Not that it matters to you but http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/products/built-in-car-navigation/blueme-tomtom/#tab:specifications shows the dock as being seperate so surely if you call TomTom up and say "oops! I broke my dash dock" they'll sell you one?

Cheers Daniel for the link but I had already had a look here and couldn't see it listed as a standalone item. Although it does show the dashdock it appears that it is just one of the items you get "in the box" when you buy the kit. (y)

I have also emailed TomTom but from previous experience I won't hold my breath waiting for a reply, lol.

Cheers Daniel for the link but I had already had a look here and couldn't see it listed as a standalone item. Although it does show the dashdock it appears that it is just one of the items you get "in the box" when you buy the kit. (y)

I have also emailed TomTom but from previous experience I won't hold my breath waiting for a reply, lol.

Just a thought but would the Punto Evo one work in the 500 socket? They appear the same from the outside. Your dealer could check whether one from a punto would work, and I'd assume it would be on the Punto parts list?

Just a thought but would the Punto Evo one work in the 500 socket? They appear the same from the outside. Your dealer could check whether one from a punto would work, and I'd assume it would be on the Punto parts list?
AFAIK it's the same sat nav.

Back