Tuning Today's silly question!

Currently reading:
Tuning Today's silly question!

Myusername

Yes yes, I know, but...

...I need to fit a new abs sensor on the front and I can't find where it plugs into the loom😞

Answers on a postcard gratefully received.

Signed, the village idiot.😕

It goes forward and connects on the front side of the angled gusset... (Please excuse the crusty metal- just about to start tackling it)
20220525_110553.jpg
20220525_110546.jpg

The underbody is so rusty, it's hardly worth worrying about the ABS. At least get the flaking rust chipped off and sprayed with chain saw bar oil thinned with white spirit.

The underbody is so rusty, it's hardly worth worrying about the ABS. At least get the flaking rust chipped off and sprayed with chain saw bar oil thinned with white spirit.
Er... @DaveMcT that's not his Panda. That's the one I just put on the ramp to sort out the grot. It was just handy to take a photo.
All that rust is surface only, and really not too bad for a 2005 Panda that lived in Scotland for most of its life. But it definitely needs attention sooner rather than later...

Er... @DaveMcT that's not his Panda. That's the one I just put on the ramp to sort out the grot. It was just handy to take a photo.
All that rust is surface only, and really not too bad for a 2005 Panda that lived in Scotland for most of its life. But it definitely needs attention sooner rather than later...
I would immediately walk away from a car with "Surface rust" like that. There will be a multitude of sins hiding beneath. Fixable, but it will need doing PDQ and lots of internal protection to stop it going any further..

I would immediately walk away from a car with "Surface rust" like that. There will be a multitude of sins hiding beneath. Fixable, but it will need doing PDQ and lots of internal protection to stop it going any further..
It does look worse in the photos than in the metal. Partly because the de-rusting work started before lockdown and then got left unfinished with only maintenance spray to slow down the oxidation where paint was disturbed.
But prodding with screwdriver (and hammer) has not resulted in holes or large piles of iron oxide.
So... another Panda Sporting will live on for a while. (That makes 4 out of the supposed 400 total Sportings made. Wierd to own 1% of a particular model, even if it is only a "dealer special" Panda Dynamic)

Back