To55p0T Astra driver Don't i deserve to live?

Currently reading:
To55p0T Astra driver Don't i deserve to live?

Riding my bike to the pub tonight minding my own business when this pr@t in a silver mk4 astra decides to go for an overtake (on a mini roundabout) anyhow he lacks any form of power to get past me,

(me+bike= 25-30mph no problem)

then he goes wide as there is a sharp 90deg bend to the right with a left turn directly on the bend (less than 100 mtrs beyond the mini roundabout)

then slams all on and decides to take the left turn (no indication) then looks a me with a grin as I preform an emergency stop to avoid implanting myself into his girlfriend via the passenger door :tosser: as he hadn't passed me by this point and forced me into the curb :(

he then stops takes a good look at me and decides I'm not worth the agro :( after the torrade of "advice" i gave him via the closed window and fecks off clipping my front wheel leaving a lovely black streak down the side of his car :D

so Sir if you want my details Fine Im insured with the CTC and am more than willing for you to pursue a claim against me....

Just be aware that...

A) i want a new front wheel from you,
B) you failed to stop after an Accident
C) you are a tw@t
D) I have witnesses

I wish i had my DVR MTB camera on me :slayer:

BTW the ride home was boring :rolleyes:

no unfortunately not i was a little shaken up to be honest the way he looked at me took me on the opinion that he had done it on purpose..

The good thing is ive been busy with the wheel truing jig and the wheel is round again :)

i think the fact i was wearing combat boots with DPM trousers fastened with the draw cord round the top of the boots (to avoid snagging them in teh chain) and been unshaven made me look a bit of a nutter which is why he drove off i dont think he wanted to play on level terms :(

plus whats top damage possible to the bike? few hundred? maybe a grand? can do plenty more to a car :)

I was REALLY tempted to put the boot in to the car but i didn't want to scuff my brand new boots :rolleyes:

46-1025.jpg

but imagine they would really do some damage been steel toe caped :idea:

just glad i was on my "nail" (really cr@ppy looking bike but everything works well with uprated V brakes for town) just glad i wasn't on my Road bike as i would have hit him as the brakes on that are very poor...

Last edited:
Especially one who tried to spit at me... um you're a bigger target mate :)

LOL you really do find them I know a rider who takes flat AA batteries out with him to throw at cars that upset him.... :eek:

Ive also seen a rider lob a drinks bottle full of Glucose energy drink into a car after he was nearly take out as the driver overtook him on a bend into the path of an oncoming car so cut in forcing him off the road bet that was one hell of a mess to clean up plenty of witnesses it was on an organized charity ride

I dont condone damaging anyones property as i wouldn't want my car damaging fair enough if they make a genuine mistake but to do something deliberate they deserve anything they get....

At least the Dalby forest MTB routes are car free :D

is this riding an mtb or motorbike?

either don't get enough respect off of some car drivers.

what really pishes me off is dumb arse manvious like that, and them that overtake 200m before a junciton, causing everyone in th que to emergancy stop.

as for damaging offending cars, depends if they deserve it, but one thing it to get some speed, hang your weight forwardand dig your pedal along side of car, although my personal fav is one for overtaking knobheads who would acutally hit you if you didn't move...
you need to be wearing armour, esp forearm armour, as the car pass's you at -4" clearance, glance your right arm back, aim for his wingmirror or windscreen, got a few like this, and pulled it off as 'I was reaching for my pocket, you hit me' which in essense they did, if I hadn' realised I would have been knocked off, and probably seriouslyinjured/dead, because they don''t drive thier poxxy car!

Last summer I had a similar experience on my way from work. Thing is, this town is gridlocked at peak times so even though the winker sped off, I quickly caught up with him.
Sat waiting at the lights, he couldn't see me emptying my can of coke over the roof of his shiny car:devil:

Knowing how acidic that stuff is - and also the high sugar content, I still chuckle as I consider the long-term consequences of my actions:devil:

yes i was on a rigid MTB which i have turned into a hack bike with 1.25 slicks on for maximum speed..

I have a full range of MTB armor you tend to ger more respect when you have a full face lid on or a terrorist style ski mask (in winter) as they cant see who you are

sludgeguts

like that a lot bet that was one hell of a mess to clear up had it dried

it'll; eat the paint pretty good LOL

I think the problem is a lot of people haven't riddena bike on the road or in traffic so dont' know how to treat tehm.

the same also applies to motorbike riders, once you've ridden a bike and had other cars do daft things, then when you get back in your car you drive a lot differently around bikers, I for one used to look 2times at junctions, now i look three, pretty much looking for a biker (stuff coming straight at you that isn't very wide is very difficult to spot to a human)

I think the problem is a lot of people haven't riddena bike on the road or in traffic so dont' know how to treat tehm.

the same also applies to motorbike riders,

Spot on I see things whilst driving that astounds me the way people try at all costs to beat the bike,

Motorists will try and use the No road tax line or other b011ox, Then again some bike riders dont do them selves or us any favors by jumping red lights which tars us all with the same brush..

I ride as traffic and obey the law when riding giving arm signals stopping at red lights and not riding on the pavement or forcing my way up the inside at traffic lights and junctions, Try to make my self visible run 2 sets of lights and all the reflectors needed by law and use a helmet,

I think motorists treat you with more caution if you ride like a knob weave in and out of traffic hop on and off the pavement weave in random arcs into the road and dont signal by keeping the motorist guessing they make sure they pass you with plenty of room...

While I was learning to drive, my dad had me do a CBT and a few motorbike lessons, I'm really glad I did. It's made me really aware of how bikers are supposed to ride and how to look out for them.

Also means I'l give ya as much space and warning about everything as I can ;)

You guys don't have the benefit of a large metal tin around ya and I'd rather be on your side rather than another pain in the arse driver.

a despatch rider I used to know carried those joke shop stink bombs around with him. If he got cut up or something he would chuck one against their radiator. It didn't damage the car and the smell coming in through vents must have been terrible, especially in the winter when you've got the heater on full blast :yuck:.
If it was a black cab (without a fare) he would chuck it in the back if a window was open, that way they couldn't pick up a fare until the smell had cleared :devil:

Back