General To change my dobbie or not

Currently reading:
General To change my dobbie or not

alisonmcneilly

The Fiat dealer has offers that are hard to refuse.
So the question is do I keep my 04 1.9JTD or change for an 2012 1.6v mylife with extras for a really good price?

Change. The old car will begin to cost real money soon.

However, I'd expect there to be offers for ever so don't get something you don't really like ;)

Its not too bad will need a clutch soon and would need some body work tidied up if I am keeping it as I have some bad stone chip marks which have peeled the metalic lacquer off badly and they are starting to rust. It prob needs around £800-£10000 spent on itover the next 12 months incl next service.

Bodywork doesn't bother me, one of the doblos I have has loads of chips and dents (more hits than the beetles....blah blah blah) but it's a workhorse that takes me to work reliably every day, taxis the kids around, collects planks of wood, takes rubbish to the dump and normally has a german shepherd in the back! I have touched up some of the worse bits but it's reliability and running costs mean more to me however I understand not all people think the same way but what I will say is that dealers can't shift the new doblos as they are just to expensive so bargain hard then harder still(y)

Reactions: TD5
The bonnet drivers wing and mirror are a mess lol! Would take about £200 to put right thats obviously at mates rates.
The clutch is on borrowed time has been bad for 2 yrs lol!

The ones I am looking at are around £12k mark and have all the top spec.

It's a hard call as I will def get this year out of my dobbie but will I get as good a deal on a new car in yrs time?

Back