Technical Alarmed? Or not.

Currently reading:
Technical Alarmed? Or not.

Being time to insure the Doblo for another year, insurance companies are asking, "does it have an alarm?"
Not being the original owner, how should I know? Handbook mentions an alarm, but that applies to all vehicles, that may not have all options fitted.
This is a 2017 Doblo Easy, 1.4 petrol.

Apart from attempting to break in and steal my own vehicle, how do I know if it has an alarm?

Most manufacturers fit alarms will have anti-pick.

Easiest way to test this is stick your key in the door and open it, this normally triggers the alarm as you've not deactivated the alarm with the fob before moving the lock.

Putting the key in the ignition and turning it to run should then shut it up once it's detected the immobilizer chip. Or plip it with the key...(I usually find these things out when the battery is flat so not an option).

If it was anything else you'd have another fob somewhere and visible sounder unit I assume.

I found that out with my old Skoda Scout by throwing a coat back into car through the sun roof when locked:)
Thankfully, not got a sunroof. Lovely before aircon, but I prefer a solid roof, keep the heat out.
My Fabia has an alarm, sets automatically as it locks. There's a button on the B pillar, low down, press when alighting, and it won't sense inside the car, so you can leave passengers in there. Not sure if it goes off if they open a door. I've had it go off a couple of times, when working on the car, where it gets upset with lock/unlock, door open, etc.
If I arrive somewhere, remove the key, but don't get out for a while, when I do get out, it won't lock. Have to reinsert key, turn on and off again, then it will lock. Not sure what that is about, but happens infrequently, so causes some head scratching.
I'm thinking, an orange Panda and a wheelchair Doblo, are probably low on any thief's shopping list. Neither are quick, so do not offer an easy getaway. The Fabia is probably low on the list too, as it is almost invisible. No transmitting keys, no keyless entry, simpler stuff.

Back