Technical Tyre Pressure Indication - Not available

Currently reading:
Technical Tyre Pressure Indication - Not available

Hi All.
when I bought car, seller said the Tyre Pressure alert was because maybe a tyre needed pressure..... Stupidly I believed him. However, the actual alert on start up is Tyre Pressure system not available....
So the question is..... could it be just one sensor in a tyre, could it be that the sensors arent fitted (or as a local fiat garage suggested, that maybe it senses from wheel diameter etc. How can I find out root cause? Ideally Id actually like to inhibit it from software, is that possible?

My Doblo, 2017, seems to have sensors in the wheels, as they have valves with nuts on them. there's definitely a system on the car, as there's a warning light, but no apparent way to set/reset from any menu, or any display of readings. The handbook mentions it, but not how to reset it. Looks like a software reset only, hopefully MES will do it.

My Doblo, 2017, seems to have sensors in the wheels, as they have valves with nuts on them. there's definitely a system on the car, as there's a warning light, but no apparent way to set/reset from any menu, or any display of readings. The handbook mentions it, but not how to reset it. Looks like a software reset only, hopefully MES will do it.
Mine looks like normal valves on outside

Mine looks like normal valves on outside
The handbook says that if the system is fitted, it will be with pressure sensors in the wheels. On mine, these have nuts to hold the valves in, like often seen on alloy wheels.
There are some tyre pressure sensors that fit the same as normal valves. If these are pulled sideways and let go, they will often make a click as the sensor hits the rim inside.
If all four are normal valves, it could be that your vehicle is not fitted with sensors, but if that was the case, I would expect the system to be disabled, and not show a warning.
If the tyre warning lamp is lit, the car is expecting sensors. Are all four wheels the same, or does at leastone have a valve with a nut? Are any of the tyres the originals? It is possible that when tyres have been replaced, the sensor has been binned, and normal valves fitted.

The handbook says that if the system is fitted, it will be with pressure sensors in the wheels. On mine, these have nuts to hold the valves in, like often seen on alloy wheels.
There are some tyre pressure sensors that fit the same as normal valves. If these are pulled sideways and let go, they will often make a click as the sensor hits the rim inside.
If all four are normal valves, it could be that your vehicle is not fitted with sensors, but if that was the case, I would expect the system to be disabled, and not show a warning.
If the tyre warning lamp is lit, the car is expecting sensors. Are all four wheels the same, or does at leastone have a valve with a nut? Are any of the tyres the originals? It is possible that when tyres have been replaced, the sensor has been binned, and normal valves fitted.
Ok I've just had another look, and all four valves appear to have a stem and nut at top... so assume sensors are there. Pressures are in spec. The notification I get is that system is unavailable... would that be case if one sensor is defective. I assume my local garage can plug in and see... if any sensors have failed

Ok I've just had another look, and all four valves appear to have a stem and nut at top... so assume sensors are there. Pressures are in spec. The notification I get is that system is unavailable... would that be case if one sensor is defective. I assume my local garage can plug in and see... if any sensors have failed
They all have a battery inside. If a battery is weak, or failed, the system should report it. The Doblo does not seem to have a display feature for this. Most cars I've encountered with sensors can display the individual pressures on the central screen. It appears that Fiat have fitted the sensors, but then stopped, meanign it is a dealer job to read them. I'll try to remember to plug MES into mine tomorrow, to see if it will show them.

Just spent some time sat in the van, browsing the various systems in MES. Can't find any mention of the tyre pressure monitoring system, apart from the ability to test the warning lamp.
Perhaps MES has not programmed this for this vehicle, probably a low priority.

Edit: Have browsed MES vehicle listings and find that Tire Pressure monitor is listed for some models, but not for Doblo 263. This confirms that it is known, but not a feature yet added to MES for this model. Probably a low priority, but I have asked if this can be put on the list of things to do. Meanwhile it appears to be a dealer only job at present.

Last edited:
Update:
Just heard back from MES, the next update, due this month sometime, will include tire pressure monitor for Doblo. I will update my copy when this is released.
Will my local garage have an appropriate Code reader etc... therecis Fiat main Dealer as well, but £100 just to plug in !

Will my local garage have an appropriate Code reader etc... therecis Fiat main Dealer as well, but £100 just to plug in !
Your local garage will definately have the basic code reader for powertrain, but whether he has teh ability to read other stuff on a Fiat, or to change settings, will depend on his need. Garages buy professional systems, but have options to subscribe to software for all makes, or selected ones, depending on their clientele. If they see a lot of Fiats, they may subscribe to Fiat software, but if they see few, they may just refer you to the dealer. Whatever system they use, may, or may not have the ability to address the tyre pressure monitor system.

MultiECUscan is a software program designed for Fiat Group vehicles. Many of us on here have this, for use on our own vehicles. It requires a PC and a set of cables, and a licence. The licence lasts one year, during which you get updates. After that, the system still works, but no more updates. I renewed my licence early this year, to cover the Doblo, but prior to that had not updated for 3-4 years, as it covered the Panda. Search the Forum for more info. There is a thread where some have added themselves as willing to help others in their area. If you're lucky, there'll be someone near you, with a current licence, who can update theirs later this month, and then help.

Latest release of MES (5.2) is now available, and includes Doblo tire pressure system. I've installed it, and run a simulation, but not connected it to the car.
Hi Bill. Car was in local.garage today, they managed to clear error code for system, but it came back quickly. Codes suggested a problem.with passenger front sensor. So...can you completely inhibit system using MES? And also any idea best place to get s new sensor

Hi Bill. Car was in local.garage today, they managed to clear error code for system, but it came back quickly. Codes suggested a problem.with passenger front sensor. So...can you completely inhibit system using MES? And also any idea best place to get s new sensor
I've no idea if the system can be inhibited. I'll try to remember to have a look, but will be busy tomorrow and Thursday, no time then.
With my brief look, a new sensor should be recognised and accepted after driving a short distance.
I understood that these sensors were all similar, so replacements should be available from any tyre shop. (I'd avoid Kwik Fit, just from personal experience.) Tyre shop should be able to match the type fitted if there is more than one.

Edit: A quick search found these: https://tpmswarehouse.co.uk/product/tyre-pressure-monitor-tpms-fiat-doblo-2015-2017/

2nd Edit: There are cheaper ones out there.
Also, it seems part of the MOT for post-2014 vehicles, so if disabled, will fail.

Last edited:
I've no idea if the system can be inhibited. I'll try to remember to have a look, but will be busy tomorrow and Thursday, no time then.
With my brief look, a new sensor should be recognised and accepted after driving a short distance.
I understood that these sensors were all similar, so replacements should be available from any tyre shop. (I'd avoid Kwik Fit, just from personal experience.) Tyre shop should be able to match the type fitted if there is more than one.

Edit: A quick search found these: https://tpmswarehouse.co.uk/product/tyre-pressure-monitor-tpms-fiat-doblo-2015-2017/

2nd Edit: There are cheaper ones out there.
Also, it seems part of the MOT for post-2014 vehicles, so if disabled, will fail.
Received one of those. Before fitting does it need activating, battery wise, or is it done by diagnostics

Once fitted, it should be recognised by the car after driving for a while, then warning light should go out. Make sure pressure is correct.
Hi Bill, that hasn't happened, still have this alarm
"Tyre Pressure Monitoring unavailable"

Fuse 36 must be ok,cos radio works, so I will check fuse 49

Any other ideas?

Any other ideas?

I do wonder how these operate..

If you have a spare wheel on the boot, does it read all 5 pressures?

Have you reset the system today... Made no difference?

Any other ideas?
It'll need software plugging in to diagnose, and possibly reset. MES will do this now, with the latest release, if there's someone near you with it. A tyre shop may be able to reset it, but you'd need to ask. The website I found with the sensors on suggested it should reset. Re-reading their advice, it says car needs to be stood for 15 minutes, then driven above 20mph for up to 20 minutes.
I do wonder how these operate..
I think they're bluetooth, so short range. The car should pick them up, one at each corner, and know from their distance that they belong.
you have a spare wheel on the boot, does it read all 5 pressures?
I think it does. With my lowered floor, of course it lost the spare wheel. I've added a space saver, stood upright behind the one rear seat. It is forward of the rear wheel that side, so if it had been fitted with a sensor, I wonder how that might confuse the system.

There's a thought. @Banjoski Is the spare wheel fitted with a sensor, and if so, is it mounted where the car expects it to be?
Have you reset the system today... Made no difference?
There does not appear to be a reset available to the driver, not found in any menu, and not mentioned in the handbook.

Back