Technical Timing disc 3D printed

Currently reading:
Technical Timing disc 3D printed

gordinir8

Established member
While waiting for parts I designed and printed this timing disc that you can attach to the crank pulley. It has its own increments but without numbering or you can just print a paper disc and glue it over. STL file for those messing with 3D printers or have a friend with one is available at thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5215375

IMG_20220124_213438.jpg
IMG_20220124_213519.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220124_213424.jpg
    IMG_20220124_213424.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Great idea, I would love a copy of the STL file please.

I had my brother print one of these up for me. Just a question, why is it 2 pieces? And also, any specific instructions for gluing them together?

Because if it was in one piece then you had to print it upside down with the markings facing on the table and that's not good. Now you can print the outer disc facing up and the center part facing down. Then put them together on a flat surface and apply some cyano on the circumference and it's ready. Maybe I should design it a little thicker by one mm. Tell me if you want any changes or other ideas I might apply.

It is made for static timing, of course if you attach it with some tape it can be used also for strobe light check but not for permanent use. It will not take the heat I guess.

Back