Technical 126A1 650 Timing

Currently reading:
Technical 126A1 650 Timing

dangfiat

Hi All,

Got my replacement ignition parts and am looking to static time after I replace the points.

Question: Are the markings shown in the picture correct?

Also (off topic): Where is the oil pressure sensor on the 650cc engine? I seem to have an errant blue wire in the engine bay that I think is supposed to be connected to something..... It's over on the exhaust side

Thanks again all for the help!

Daniel

Attachments

• TIming_002.png
    TIming_002.png
    776.7 KB · Views: 97
That seems about right...you can verify by measuring 13mm clockwise of the mark on the oil filter cover. The other helpful mark that I made is 28 degrees which I was told is max advance for my setup (using an electric 123), which is more or less 36.5mm. For 650, I believe the max advance is 21 degrees, but I could be wrong there. There's been a good amount of very well written topics about this and even a PDF file in correct scale to make your own timing gauge (which worked great!)...I apologize I forgot who the authors were, but will post a link if I find it.

Just checked my car having a 126A, the oil pressure wire is grey. The sensor is located on the case behind the distributor, right on the edge of the thermostat flap.

Hope this helps

@myoshik Thanks for the response. I'll do a quick measurement to see if it's actually 13mm round the pully

For the high rpm timing, I'm thinking of using an advance timing light to at least measure where it's at (will see if it's 28 or 21)

Finally, thanks for the tip on the other threads. I've had a look around, maybe it's my search skills :)! The forum needs an AI chatbot... hahaha

Back