General thinking of swithing to a panda, need advise

Currently reading:
General thinking of swithing to a panda, need advise

well, to cut a long story short... i had a Panda for my first car a year ago, since then i traded it in for a brand new Daihatsu Sirion (big mistake), sold that and now have a 98 Volvo S40, and you know what... I enjoyed the Panda more than any of them.. am i crazy?

Anyway the main reason why i'm thinking of getting a Panda now is that i'm fed up having to put £10 of petrol in every 2-3 days... also the insurance cost is a factor.

Where is the best place to find a decent condition 'classic' Panda? I'm not after the 4x4 as i want the best fuel economy i can get. I'm torn between the peugeot 106 and the panda.. though obviously leaning toward the panda, any thoughts?

If i was to get a panda now, is it easy to get repaired if anything goes srong with it? Does fiat still provide parts? Thanks for any advice you can give me, haven't been of this forum for a while :)

I had a peugot 106 diesel - I sold my panda 1000s - I should never have done it! I was really really really realyy really bored in the peugot.
I've got a DAihatsu Copen - but it's not as much fun as the Panda 1000s or the 4x4.
Get yourself a Lovely Panda! They are so cheap!:)
All the parts are still avalilable - the only stopped making Pandas 3 years ago now. They sold Loads and loads of them throughout Europe!

Welcome back ... I remember you well !

Most Classic Panda parts are still readily available (they only stopped producing them in Europe fairly recently) and our two 4x4's are classed as group I insurance.

If we can't fix them ourselves we take them to 'Betacar' at Manyroadswell...The man is a Gandalf personified :D

Re: thinking of switching to a panda, need advice

One will come up on Ebay - evry few days?

pantalaimon said:
Where is the best place to find a decent condition 'classic' Panda? I'm not after the 4x4 as i want the best fuel economy i can get. I'm torn between the peugeot 106 and the panda.. though obviously leaning toward the panda, any thoughts?

If i was to get a panda now, is it easy to get repaired if anything goes srong with it? Does fiat still provide parts? Thanks for any advice you can give me, haven't been of this forum for a while :)

to buy a classic panda try looking at ebay, in your local free ad papers and autotrader. Pandas are VERY easy and cheap to repair, and if you need any assistance we (the classic panda section of FF) are on hand to help. Fiat still make all the panda parts, so you will have no worries there.

Check the ads in your local paper, have a look on AutoTrader and eBay and Fish4Cars. If this doesn't work, keep your eye out in cheap used car forecourts. Also, there's a pink K reg Panda in what looks to be great condition near me (it's just outside Hanley, Stoke on Trent) for £315. It is bright pink, however. ;)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
FuzzyPanda said:
there's a pink K reg Panda in what looks to be great condition near me (it's just outside Hanley, Stoke on Trent) for £315. It is bright pink, however. ;)
Has it got those Pink decals that Petel was after on it?

Tony M said:
Has it got those Pink decals that Petel was after on it?

It's quite possible. He's PMed me about it and I'm visiting it tomorrow when I go shopping to get the registration number and I'm gonna have a poke around to satisfy my own curiousity about the thing. :)

There is something strangely satisfying about the simplicity of a Panda... I had a the Seat version (89'G Marbella 850 Special) from new, 24.5K in 17 months and the only thing done under warranty? Screen Washer Plunger split (no electric screen wash on front screen, no rear wash/wipe either :eek: ). Went every where in it... Lands End & John o' Groats for pennies :D Would also look at the Marbella, sometimes come up very cheap... no FIRE engine though, only the old 903cc ohv rattler :slayer:

wotnowarninglight said:
There is something strangely satisfying about the simplicity of a Panda... I had a the Seat version (89'G Marbella 850 Special) from new, 24.5K in 17 months and the only thing done under warranty? Screen Washer Plunger split (no electric screen wash on front screen, no rear wash/wipe either :eek: ). Went every where in it... Lands End & John o' Groats for pennies :D Would also look at the Marbella, sometimes come up very cheap... no FIRE engine though, only the old 903cc ohv rattler :slayer:

But it's incredibly easy to fit the Fire setup to the Marbella; all you need extra is a top engine mount bolted to the o/s wheel arch...and, as a bonus, the car is set up to run a slow cast-iron engine. So, when you fit the Fire (with loads of aluminiun), it's a real pocket-rocket :slayer:

Back