General thinking of swithing to a panda, need advise

Currently reading:
General thinking of swithing to a panda, need advise

I'd go for as late as possible... 1994 or 1995.

There much better screwed together and are really good for day to day use.
They have the 'gray' interior rather than the black.
DSC00584.JPG

Jim

Last edited:
pandafan said:
But it's incredibly easy to fit the Fire setup to the Marbella; all you need extra is a top engine mount bolted to the o/s wheel arch...and, as a bonus, the car is set up to run a slow cast-iron engine. So, when you fit the Fire (with loads of aluminiun), it's a real pocket-rocket :slayer:

I would skip the pocket rocket - would go for the max miser... 1.3 Diesel lump from the Terra van and aim for 100 mpg :p

wotnowarninglight said:
Dunno about 33bhp, VW engine possibly (?) but it had a 5 speed gearbox! The 850 Special didnt have one of those either...

It's an old 127 lump that never made it here because A. It's rubbish and B. It's really rubbish....

hehe!

Jim

I'd go for a late 999cc, low miles is preferrable and an edition with loads of extras - the COLOUR edition is superb. (got a double sun roof but don't start me off again)

They are out there if you look hard enough

Tony M said:
Blimey!
I disagree with that!
most 4x4's expecially in good nick never reach the end of the auction without someone buying it backhandedly and the auction ending early!
Are there any auctions of 4x4's that did run to the end?

Pandarus said:
I'd go for a late 999cc, low miles is preferrable and an edition with loads of extras - the COLOUR edition is superb. (got a double sun roof but don't start me off again)

They are out there if you look hard enough

The COLOUR's good if you want as late a model as possible as they only seem to come with M registrations, however a hard top would probably be preferred by most. It depends how much you love driving in the sun with the roof down. I absolutely love it, however in winter it's a slight nuisance and I've still not replaced the rear clip!

Edit: However feel free to keep adoring my car Pandarus. Makes me feel warm inside. :p

It's annoying in the winter purely because of the broken rear clip. At 60mph and over, the rear sunroof starts to flap a bit because it's not held down, and the only way to go over 60 and have the roof behave is to open the drivers window at least an inch. Which means extra noise in the cabin, less heat in the cabin and so on.

I suppose if you replace "and" with "as" in the sentence you quoted you'll get what I mean!

The folding roof comprises of one sunroof sized canvas section at the front of the roof, and one twice as big at the rear. They open separately, and it's a very easy system to use after a few uses. The front roof simply unclips and folds over, as does the rear. It's quite hard to explain using just words, so I'll attach a picture which should make more sense of things.

The material of the roof is generally robust but tends to fray at the sides on the front roof I've noticed. No leaks, though, as there's a pretty clever guttering system. :)

Attachments

• 100_0545.JPG
    100_0545.JPG
    700.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Sprox said:
Blimey!
I disagree with that!
Alright, my last offer.. £475.00

actually i haven't got the money at moment could i borrow it off you ...?:rolleyes:

christopher watson said:
I dont like you FuzzyPanda :mad:

[...]

Because of that picture, and visions of driving in summer, i want your car too now :D

Hehe. Well I think Steve's got first dibs (although this may be different after Kermit!), followed by Pandarus, so get in line! :slayer:

Back