General thinking of swithing to a panda, need advise

Currently reading:
General thinking of swithing to a panda, need advise

Tony M said:
Alright, my last offer.. £475.00

actually i haven't got the money at moment could i borrow it off you ...?:rolleyes:
hmmmm maybe for bits off Mr bump!;)

wotnowarninglight said:
I would skip the pocket rocket - would go for the max miser... 1.3 Diesel lump from the Terra van and aim for 100 mpg :p

DIESEL !:eek: Go wash your mouth out ! No-body who can afford to run a car is poor enough to run a diesel...............!(n)

My son-in-law put a Fire setup in a Terra and fitted the 4x4 running gear ... then gave it a serious 'icing'. It was used as a mobile disco at raves ... fantastic !

Incidentally...try not to buy a Panda with a CAT. Go for the latest, good, pre-cat model you can.(y)

Tony M said:
Alright, my last offer.. £475.00

actually i haven't got the money at moment could i borrow it off you ...?:rolleyes:
ER - Tony - Which car are you trying to buy?:confused:

e505jpy said:
It's an old 127 lump that never made it here because A. It's rubbish and B. It's really rubbish....

hehe!

Jim

That good eh? Never realised that FIAT did a small capacity diesel, thought only VW bothered with 1100 cc Diesel (70's MKI Golf I think).

Could seek out a Sergio Tachini edition Panda if loud green seat fabric is your thang... exterior looked very classy though :cool:

:eek: (n)Do not buy the 106 instead of a panda.Last year my panda was TOTALLY written off with me in it by some idiot late for work who tried to kill us both. I was very shaken up and in hospital for a couple of days. I decided that having had the luckiest of escapes i would buy the next modern SAFE car i saw ,i needed a car for work so didn't hang around and brought a 106 xr R plate one owner 18,000 miles spotless- airbags the works. Two weeks later once i'd got my confidence back driving i was left feeling totally embarrassed driving around in this boring non-desript car with wing mirrors that look like Mickey Mouse ears from behind!! It was just NO fun , no one looked or smiled . from a practical view i also found the pedals close together and kept catching the clutch. My panda didn't nearly kill me - it gave it's life for me:worship: :cry: :cry: :cry: the 106 is now garaged my son is learning to drive in it around the farm,he thinks its an excellent 1st car on the basest it has a multi change cd player, but me i never want to drive the thing again(n) GO PANDAS GO:)

Re: thinking of switching to a panda, need advice

Those blue wheel trims ARE fiat ones :). My panda had small silver ones. If you still want to get rid of them let me know, as i would love to have them on my panda (y)

christopher watson said:
Those blue wheel trims ARE fiat ones :). My panda had small silver ones. If you still want to get rid of them let me know, as i would love to have them on my panda (y)

you think they look ok then? can't really tell how they look in the pic... i'm thinking of getting the car sat.. :D

FuzzyPanda said:
On your old engine, what rating is the alternator and how noisy is it (if at all)? If it's transferrable to my car (the one with twin sunroofs, Pandarus :D ) I may well be interested.
there's a bit of bad news for you... i had the car towed back hime today... and the engine seems in a much more civilized condition than when you could fry eggs on it... started it about 5 times.. no complaints but definately blowing from one cylinder into the water cooling system... So the engine will live!!!

I have booked it into a garage who asked me
Are you prepared to spend £300.00 on that car?
... well unless you find me an automatic car that's relliable and uses naff all petrol then YES! of course. however i suspect it would cost much less...

pantalaimon said:
you think they look ok then? can't really tell how they look in the pic... i'm thinking of getting the car sat.. :D

Yes they look nice :). If you get the car, check that the sunroof catches are working, and that there are no leaks/splits (pour a bucket of water over the car and then check inside for water)

wotnowarninglight said:
That good eh? Never realised that FIAT did a small capacity diesel, thought only VW bothered with 1100 cc Diesel (70's MKI Golf I think).
there's an UNO 60D at the bottom of the hill for me for sale if you're interested... I know i am :)

Tony M said:
there's an UNO 60D at the bottom of the hill for me for sale if you're interested... I know i am :)

Can it not get to the top or something? :D

Thanks for the update on your engine Tony. I may well have a go at replacing the bearings in the alternator myself at easter...

Back