General Things you've discovered on your GP

Currently reading:
General Things you've discovered on your GP

With the electric windows, the windows still work after the engine has been turned off until you open the door.
Correct

It tells me I have a tape machine when I don't..
Get the fault fixed

I have discovered that its a slow car however insurance is high because its such a big car...:confused:

Last item... Insurance is Gp 6 in UK Thats CHEAP! If the car is slow u bought a slow car. Get over it, out of it, and into a faster GPS if performance is what you want or need! (y)

Last edited:
It tells me I have a tape machine when I don't..
Get the fault fixed

Solution is..?

My wife has the remote key I have to make do with the stick it in the hole and turn it key

Oh yes
11. cr*p range of the remote key

Why would you want to open/close the car from anywhere more than arm's reach?, unless you are one of those D#ckheads you see outside the Supermarket's "Oh look at me I can open my car from 60feet,how handy"- WHY?

Last item... Insurance is Gp 6 in UK Thats CHEAP! If the car is slow u bought a slow car. Get over it, out of it, and into a faster GPS if performance is what you want or need! (y)
Better than that a 1.2 dynamic is only group 5 on the new 50 group system.

Last edited:
Not very exciting, but I didn't realise my car had heated mirrors till the other day :)

Also like the rear wiper working when you are in reverse, thats a cool feature.

i've got a dual logic jobby and its a brilliant car for me as i'm 18, therefore young! but disabled and can't use my right leg, so i have a left footed automatic car!
  • sometimes when you go to change into reverse it "hangs" before changing and occassionally i get this all mighty crunching noise, as if it was a manual and the clutch wasn't in properly!
  • the brakes are very firey which i like, but when it comes down the gear box you don't need to press so hard so its quite a skill!
  • it sometimes delays aswell, roundabouts are prime example; you put your foot down to go and the car goes; oh you wanna go? well ok i suppose... well ok now... no in a minute!
  • oh and don't even get me started on the seatbelt beep! you can turn the passanger airbag off and kill them, but with stuff on the seat, im gunna kill my self with that blo*dy constent beeping!!

• sometimes when you go to change into reverse it "hangs" before changing and occassionally i get this all mighty crunching noise, as if it was a manual and the clutch wasn't in properly!

Yeh its normal - https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto-technical/88403-reverse-grind.html

• oh and don't even get me started on the seatbelt beep! you can turn the passanger airbag off and kill them, but with stuff on the seat, im gunna kill my self with that blo*dy constent beeping!!

Its to remind you to do the right thing ;)

[*]oh and don't even get me started on the seatbelt beep! you can turn the passanger airbag off and kill them, but with stuff on the seat, im gunna kill my self with that blo*dy constent beeping!![/LIST]

do your seat belt up then

Smally i think he is referring to the passenger seat occupancy sensor when your out driving put your hand on the seat base and press it down slightly the car thinks there is a bum on the seat so beeps like mad,

then imagine hobbling back to your GP with a bag of shopping you climb in to the drivers side and put your 1/2 dozen eggs bag of flour milk ect on the passenger seat and set off the sensor (pressure mat) springs into life and beeps...... until you brake hard and spill your shopping all over the passenger footwell to shut it up...

When arrive home to find an omelet in the passenger footwell :rolleyes:

Squiddie have a word with the dealer about this they should be able to deactivate the reminder if they wont (they can if you suffer certain disability's) go to a scrappy and get a seat belt buckle clip from a scrap punto and plug it in so it thinks the passenger (aka your shopping) has his belt on...

Last edited:
then imagine hobbling back to your GP with a bag of shopping you climb in to the drivers side and put your 1/2 dozen eggs bag of flour milk ect on the passenger seat and set off the sensor (pressure mat) springs into life and beeps...... until you brake hard and spill your shopping all over the passenger footwell to shut it up...

You need this:
http://www.curryhook.co.uk/

Although i'm not sure the flimsy GP glovebox is up to it !!! :)

Chris

Mrs found a new drinks holder for bottles, plastic ones.

Attachments

• bottle holder.jpg
    bottle holder.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 42
Crap range of the remote key? mine unlocks from miles away.

Same. Mine locks and unlocks from a lengthy distance too. I would go as far as saying 75metres?

Smally i think he is referring to the passenger seat occupancy sensor when your out driving put your hand on the seat base and press it down slightly the car thinks there is a bum on the seat so beeps like mad,

I've had a 2 litre bottle of water on the seat set it off. Silly idea imo (Or maybe just to sensitive). **** myself going round a corner and getting the BEEP BEEP!

Mrs found a new drinks holder for bottles, plastic ones.

Can's of redbull aswell ;) Found this out last week. Needed a new place, as those stupid "holders?" in the centre console are ****. Went round a corner and got redbull all over my motorised 7incher

Last edited:
Back