General Things you've discovered on your GP

Currently reading:
General Things you've discovered on your GP

I got bored after the

Fiat Punto, owner handbook page.

I could not read further as they forgot the Grande from the front page.

It's people like you who are the heart & soul of this forum. If everyone read the hand book half of the questions wouldn't be asked and there'd be nothing to talk about :D

I`ve discovered that both electric windows on my 1.4 sport (3 door) will work with the ignition off.This is probably timed to work for some seconds after turning off ignition,rather like the "follow me home" lights-but I`m only guessing as I have`nt got down to checking it out yet.

I`ve discovered that both electric windows on my 1.4 sport (3 door) will work with the ignition off.This is probably timed to work for some seconds after turning off ignition,rather like the "follow me home" lights-but I`m only guessing as I have`nt got down to checking it out yet.
20 secs after turn off

Its called the 'power latch'.....your body computer is still sending CAN signals during this time to door nodes/cluster etc...when you open your door the body computer wakes up & lights up the cluster LCD panel,interior lights in preparation etc

Just realised the brakes don't light up unless the ignition is switched on.. :chin:

I found out not that long ago that my car charges my Ipod i only found that out cause i got told. :rolleyes:

With the electric windows, the windows still work after the engine has been turned off until you open the door.

It tells me I have a tape machine when I don't..

I have discovered that its a slow car however insurance is high because its such a big car...:confused:

Ive discovered that the rear speakers are sh*t the front speakers are very average, the parcel shelf isnt designed to hold things like 6x9s, the factpry head unit is rubbish, people love putting dents in it, and that the back seats are far more roomy than i thought, 4 people would fit it a gp with no problems at all(i had 6 in my 3dr the other day) and i discovered that if uve got an after market sub EVRYTHING rattles. And i love it to bits.:D

Find me a better standard stereo in a cheap car. One of the best things about the GP is the quality of the sound system. Enjoy it while you can!

Just realised the brakes don't light up unless the ignition is switched on.. :chin:

That is the norm for cars built from 1950 onwards! Maybe even before that. If you are thinking of throwing your keys out of the window then make sure that you are stationary first (remember the steering lock?).

just noticed more cost cutting from fiat the speedo seems to be on the wrong side of the instrument cluster would make more sense if it was on the right rather than the left i think fiat cba to make a different one for rhd cars.

just noticed more cost cutting from fiat the speedo seems to be on the wrong side of the instrument cluster would make more sense if it was on the right rather than the left i think fiat cba to make a different one for rhd cars.
I prefer it on the left :p

Means passengers cant see what speed your doing but only the revs.

Back