Technical thermostat failure

Currently reading:
Technical thermostat failure

checked and topped up this morning and checked just and a little top up and told the wife to park facing up hill tomorrow.

What i really need to do now is try and figure out the best way of repairing dents and scuffs and rattle can spraying......

checked and topped up this morning and checked just and a little top up and told the wife to park facing up hill tomorrow.

What i really need to do now is try and figure out the best way of repairing dents and scuffs and rattle can spraying......
Scuffs .. you need mcguires ultimate compound
Dents .. you can get kits on eBay like dent pulling tools @typecastboy has used such
And painting with rattle cans .. he uses direct gloss.
My only success with rattle cans was on my rear spoiler .. my paint is a 3 stage but I paid particular attention to the top coat … 7 coats then cut back with 3000 grit wet sandpaper (I think it was 3000) then used my electric buffer with the same mcguires I mentioned… and it’s now glossy as glass!

I dropped one of my Mazda exhaust back boxes on my little finger today didn't know how bad it was until I took the glove off, probably should have gone to hospital.
Dents try to push out very gently from behind, its quite surprising how well it works scratches, try a cutting compound then several stages of polish ?

I dropped one of my Mazda exhaust back boxes on my little finger today didn't know how bad it was until I took the glove off, probably should have gone to hospital.
Dents try to push out very gently from behind, its quite surprising how well it works scratches, try a cutting compound then several stages of polish ?
Ouch 🤕

Theres a dent on a rear wheel arch (usual for 500's after looking at them) with damaged paint. Theres a scuff on the side of the front bumper through to the plastic (another usual position) and a couple of other marks on the front -
The rear bumper also has a mark but its small but some paint damage(stress cracks) - ive had the paint for ages....but going to start with the front bumper....not sure whether to remove it..or leave it on the car!!
if i can master small dents and painting properly id be extremely happy.

what do you mean by stages?

Theres a dent on a rear wheel arch (usual for 500's after looking at them) with damaged paint. Theres a scuff on the side of the front bumper through to the plastic (another usual position) and a couple of other marks on the front -
The rear bumper also has a mark but its small but some paint damage(stress cracks) - ive had the paint for ages....but going to start with the front bumper....not sure whether to remove it..or leave it on the car!!
if i can master small dents and painting properly id be extremely happy.
I’d have a look through @typecastboy s YouTube Chanel love500 he’s done paint & dents on many of his 500s

Also realised that the main pipe from the front panel into the air box isn’t attached to anything so rattles around. Temporarily tie wrapped it to a bracket that it sits beneath (whichi I think it should fit to)..
hadnt realised how much that rattled

Also realised that the main pipe from the front panel into the air box isn’t attached to anything so rattles around. Temporarily tie wrapped it to a bracket that it sits beneath (whichi I think it should fit to)..
Oh yeah that’s one of those famous weak points😂 the rattle is rather unsettling when your driving

I used a stainless bolt all the way through the plastic bit with a flanged/serrated nut been fineever since

FFs came home yesterday to see coolant on the drive again….. the jubilee clip around the pipe had loosened……so tightened that…..
how likely is it that the thermostat has moved or failed again already? There’s definitely coolant where it was before….
it’s going into have the sump done on Thursday so it will be up on ramps, hopefully I’ll get under the blooming car and see what’s going on….annoyed🤬

FFs came home yesterday to see coolant on the drive again….. the jubilee clip around the pipe had loosened……so tightened that…..
how likely is it that the thermostat has moved or failed again already? There’s definitely coolant where it was before….
it’s going into have the sump done on Thursday so it will be up on ramps, hopefully I’ll get under the blooming car and see what’s going on….annoyed🤬
It depends on what pipe? Is it the main thicker pipe or the rear one towards the back?
If it’s just come loose it wasn’t tight enough but the thermostat should be ok as long as you were not driving a long way!

If it’s stopped leaking top it up and bleed the air out then check for a couple of days after & top up!

Well I tightened it yesterday… ut there was coolant again today and definately damp under the hose….
yeah the main thicker one….although tonight after they been out, was nothing on the drive…just a. It wet and greasy on the underside… the reservoir has dropped to minimum level…so I’ll chuck a bit more in in the morning and bleed the rear valve. And give it a run

Not sure you'll see much from underneath, there's a gearbox in the way.

Back