Technical thermostat failure

Currently reading:
Technical thermostat failure

Hi, if the stub for the smaller hose on housing is plastic then the stub has very likely cracked- very common.
Change the complete thermostat housing .
Best wishes
Jack

i am doing, cheers

Next thing then

Replacing the coolant etc
Halfords OAT 50/50 ok?

im not keen on halfords otherwise any OAT antifreeze and de-ionised water?
This is what I use .. pre mixed I’ve never used anything else

Attachments

• 66B40D2D-DEFD-4B22-B453-3894511975CA.jpeg
    66B40D2D-DEFD-4B22-B453-3894511975CA.jpeg
    578.8 KB · Views: 35
Pink or white crusting = thermostat failure.. change it asap don’t drive the car till it’s done!

You can get a thermostat that is all alloy so no plastic pipe that gets brittle over time! That’s the type I use
FFS I cannot get the radiator drain plug out….lost a socket in the front bumper

is there anywhere else I can drain down from?

FFS I cannot get the radiator drain plug out….lost a socket in the front bumper

is there anywhere else I can drain down from?
It’s either that or the large hose at the other side on the bottom
It has a clip you have to pop up first .. it can be tough to get off also so take your time & if you loose your rag … cool beer then back at it!

It’s either that or the large hose at the other side on the bottom
It has a clip you have to pop up first .. it can be tough to get off also so take your time & if you loose your rag … cool beer then back at it!
Brilliant…I got that clip off lost a few layers of skin…
annoyed at myself really…jack is still in the boot which I can’t open cos ive removed the battery!
does that just pull off ie back towards the engine?haynes manual is showing a release clip?
I pulled off a little metal clip..presumably that’s what Haynes is trying to show.

Brilliant…I got that clip off lost a few layers of skin…
annoyed at myself really…jack is still in the boot which I can’t open cos ive removed the battery!
does that just pull off ie back towards the engine?haynes manual is showing a release clip?
I pulled off a little metal clip..presumably that’s what Haynes is trying to show.
Yes but when it lets go you whack the back of your hand on the metal beam near by!

Yeah, that’s what I thought.
It’s not moving either not helping as the cars on the deck and I can only get one hand to it. Oh and I’m weak😂
You have no excuse I’m a woman 😂 told you it was tough but it will let go! Try a large flat head screwdriver with a mallet… gentle gentle taps .. it may help

Back