Technical The "water in tailgate" problem again

Currently reading:
Technical The "water in tailgate" problem again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, just so you know, we managed to track down the leak on my tailgate, altough havnt yet found a solution. The problem despite being diagnosed as the high level brake light by the dealer, is actually caused by the fact that the inner and outer skins of the boot are not sealed around the edge. This results in water ingress no matter where on the boot the water is poured. Silicone or mastic around this edge might help the problem.

:D

Yeah, it would be nice to know what the new procedure basically is, as i am slightly wary of my local dealer after they pryed the rear light out with a crewdriver denting the bodywork, and then replaced it with the same light, not the new one.

secret squirrel , lol:D ...nah I just dont think its my place to reveal the contents of documents intended for dealerships.
Possibly, but as I have a 56 and a 07 plate that have had the problem since day 1 it sucks that they've only just found a solution.

I now have a routine whereby I go and open the tailgate after it's been raining whether I am using the cars or not.

not possibly but fact, documents ment for dealer staff are not ment for public forums unless the owner (Fiat) say so.

Water can enter the tailgate through at least 5 places and most problems have been sorted by previous repair methods so its not correct to say 'they've only just found a solution' as this may or may not sort your problem buthopefully yes it will. May I ask why you have left it so long, i'd be a regular phoning Fiat everyday if my car had this problem for 3/4 years!

Although I appreciate your problem, the route you should be taking is to contact customer services.

not possibly but fact, documents ment for dealer staff are not ment for public forums unless the owner (Fiat) say so.

Water can enter the tailgate through at least 5 places and most problems have been sorted by previous repair methods so its not correct to say 'they've only just found a solution' as this may or may not sort your problem buthopefully yes it will. May I ask why you have left it so long, i'd be a regular phoning Fiat everyday if my car had this problem for 3/4 years!

Although I appreciate your problem, the route you should be taking is to contact customer services.

Well, you're obviously aware of the many posts that have filled the forum with this single problem. It's fair to say that 99% of the posters have NOT had their problem fixed by a dealership.

And, of course I've complained to my dealership regarding this problem, but they don't/didn't know what the problem is.

I should say I have a pretty good relationship with our Fiat garage, although they are sick fed up with us having had to fix:

the droplinks;
the drivers door not opening
boot light not working;
outside temperature gauge not working
leaking radiator.

Well, you're obviously aware of the many posts that have filled the forum with this single problem

hang on....T14086 grande punto moderator, read every post/thread since the beginning.....I think that makes me more than aware of the amount of posts on this issue!

If your garage cant repair your problem, complain to customer services NOT the garage.

As for your garage being sick of repairing your car, were they doing it for free? no thought not!

Last edited:
hang on....T14086 grande punto moderator, read every post/thread since the beginning.....I think that makes me more than aware of the amount of posts on this issue!
Indeed, so we agree there's been a problem that hasn't been addressed satisfactorarily for rather a long time.

I haven't agreed anything! and the main reason there is a large number of posts is because alot of new members dont use the search function thus starting a new thread again (many of which I personally have merged) not necessarily because owners are still having problems.

I haven't agreed anything! and the main reason there is a large number of posts is because alot of new members dont use the search function thus starting a new thread again (many of which I personally have merged) not necessarily because owners are still having problems.
Ok, you have your opinion, I have mine. Whilst you are correct that many don't use the search function, there still seems to be a number of posters coming back saying 'I thought it was fixed' or 'still hasn't been fixed after the 4th attempt'.
Of course, it's difficult to quantify as many people only post negative posts.

So, back to the business in hand.
Are you saying that if I take my GP to the dealers he is going to 100% fix my leaky tailgate?
How much is going to cost,considering I'm out of warranty on both cars?

why take it back if they cant fix it:confused: were going round in circles here!
But you just said they had a new directive :confused::worship:

Indeed - we're back to your post #19, which is where we started.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back