P1010047.JPG

126 The minion.

Introduction

Well as my town driving has dramatically increased recently I decided there was no way the Marea could do the job on it's own. Petrol bills going through the roof and suspension component replacements every couple weeks.

So I went and got the Beast a little friend which we call the Minion.
Good points:
Good solid shell
Seems to be an excellent runner
Porsche style mechanical layout. :cool:
Bad Points :
Top speed is a claimed 72 mph. I'd be surprised if it can reach that.
25 BHP means being overtaken by Artics on the motorway which is scary.
Well as my town driving has dramatically increased recently I decided there was no way the Marea could do the job on it's own. Petrol bills going through the roof and suspension component replacements every couple weeks.

So I went and got the Beast a little friend which we call the Minion.
Good points:
Good solid shell
Seems to be an excellent runner
Porsche style mechanical layout. :cool:
Bad Points :
Top speed is a claimed 72 mph. I'd be surprised if it can reach that.
25 BHP means being overtaken by Artics on the motorway which is scary.

Stewart, congrats on the new car (I think). I find that I am overtaken by Artics all the time when I am in my Sprinter. Why is it that my governor works and theirs don't?

Why the name change if you still look like the Emperor?

Last edited:
criticism aside it's a nice car there and would love to drive that round here.. take car of it.. (y)

grimwau;1966274 Why the name change if you still look like the Emperor?[/QUOTE said:
I've always said the Marea was the member not me hence why the old user name was for the car not me. ;)

Very nice :), looks in good nick :D

any plans for it?

Just want to get it properly cleaned up for now. Then we will see what happens.

Yeah 25bhp was when new. God knows what it is now. It certainly feels like it only has 25 bhp. Got nailed by a kid on a push bike today.

well i guess with a little tuning you might just be able to get it up to 30-40 bhp..:)

it may just need a good servicing...

Who says old cars are better?
had it 4 days and the baffles in the exhaust are gone. Bottom radiator hose spring a leak and the carb is playing up hopefully that's just dirty. :eek:

bummer.

how long did it take you to get back in the end?

and as for making it more powerful, i think i would avoid that at all costs, its terrifying to drive!

bummer.

how long did it take you to get back in the end?

10 hrs :cry:

Broke down today! :slayer:

I was wanting to keep it original as it even has the supplying dealers sticker and number plates still on! :eek:
But the last few days had me thinking the car may need a little modernization. Electric fuel pump and perhaps electronic ignition. If I do go that far then a nice strip and wee set of alloys, doesn't seem like such a bad idea. :chin:

Polish guy at work keeps calling me Maluch now!

Back