Technical The ever-popular 6.5" uConnect unit

Currently reading:
Technical The ever-popular 6.5" uConnect unit

Alanw47

Established member
Has anybody upgraded the 6.5" unit to the new, 'smarter' 7" HD unit, or fitted an aftermarket alternative brand? Does it fit? Success? Disaster? Not worth the effort/money?

I looked into an aftermarket headunit to gain Android Auto.

Turned out I would need one of these kits:

http://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ProductItem/CTKFT13

To enable the control functions of the car offered inside the existing UConnect.

Plus I would loose the USB and I think microphone. So sounded like more hassle then it was worth.

I'd be interested in swapping the new model instead but assume the cost would be very high.

I looked into an aftermarket headunit to gain Android Auto.

Turned out I would need one of these kits:

http://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ProductItem/CTKFT13

To enable the control functions of the car offered inside the existing UConnect.

Plus I would loose the USB and I think microphone. So sounded like more hassle then it was worth.

I'd be interested in swapping the new model instead but assume the cost would be very high.

I've seen that kit in a previous post I think. Which head unit are you considering?

I might just drop Fiat or my dealer a line, I would be very interested in the new 7" unit, particularly as I BELIEVE that it is user-updatable

If anyone gets the pricing of the new 7" unit, please quote me. I mean the standalone price for the new unit, not upgrade or something.

I am informed by Fiat that the 7" unit is not listed as an accessory so they can't give me a price. Referred me to dealer to establish price, order one and tell me if it fits in the same space vacated by the 6.5" unit. Nothing is ever easy with Fiat.

I am informed by Fiat that the 7" unit is not listed as an accessory so they can't give me a price. Referred me to dealer to establish price, order one and tell me if it fits in the same space vacated by the 6.5" unit. Nothing is ever easy with Fiat.

Amazing! My dealership said that they have no idea about the unit prices and availability, because they deal only with software upgrades, not hardware.

Back