1.jpg

Cinquecento The Cinq'

Introduction

Okay soo, my first fiat. Its a 97 cinquecento s with the 899i engine. I bought her originally coz I couldnt afford to insure anything else because of my age, but sure glad I did. She has very low mileage, and isnt in bad nick considering its been on Maltese roads since 1997. I'm planning on doing some stuff under the bonnet, but nothing major. Also, im leaving the exterior exactly as it is, apart from maybe a new set of fiat hubcaps, I love the sleeper look. Here in Malta most kids my age tend to buy some old diesel clunker, then make it look like something out of the first fast and furious movie . . . I love the look on their face when I zip past through traffic :devil:
Oh, shiny.

Yep, Cinqs are good for nipping through traffic, and leaving fatter cars behind where you can squeeze past :D

When I went to Malta in 1994 there were lots of older cars around, apparently because the weather was a lot kinder to them, so they didn't rust as badly... and I nearly burnt to death after a day, due to being ginger :p

Spot on about the older cars, you see tons of mk1 puntos around these days. Rust really isn't that much of an issue in Malta, the real pains are the sun burning through your paint and dealing with the *Cough* less-than-perfect roads we have :p. I know what you mean about being burnt to death, in the middle of summer I always end up driving everywhere with the windows down and back windows open XD

Back