The car in front is a Toyota....... and it keeps going..

Currently reading:
The car in front is a Toyota....... and it keeps going..

Re: The car in front is a.

To be honest, things like this can happen. Because of Fiat's reputation for being a bit naff on the reliability front, their engineers have to work extra hard to try to dispel this reputation, and so Fiats are not that bad.

On the other hand, Japanese cars have a reputation for being solidly reliable, so complacency sets in, missing bleedin' obvious things like sticking accelerator pedals.

Re: The car in front is a.

To be honest, things like this can happen. Because of Fiat's reputation for being a bit naff on the reliability front, their engineers have to work extra hard to try to dispel this reputation, and so Fiats are not that bad.

On the other hand, Japanese cars have a reputation for being solidly reliable, so complacency sets in, missing bleedin' obvious things like sticking accelerator pedals.
It's a component from an external supplier that fails. Could happen to Fiat too.

Here's a little poser for you

Isn't the Citreon C1 and the Peugeot 107 the same as an Aygo ?

Also will Diahatsu & Lexus (as subsiduaries of Toyota) be subject to the same recall ?

Could happen to Fiat too.

yeah but it aint so we can go :nerner:

bunnydance.gif

Pretty much every car in the world is a Fiat nowadays is it not. Even the All-American Jeep Cherokee will be powered by a V6 Fiat MultiAir next year.

Fiat are in a great position at the moment for making reasonably priced, economical and traditionally-powered cars. An eco-mentalist will buy a Prius, but an educated person concerned for the environment will get a Fiat, all things considered.

I thought one of the advantages of fly-by-wire throttle is that you could program them to ignore the throttle position sensor if the brake pedal is pressed. In fact, from what I have read, that is all they propose to do to fix this problem. Well, I should say 'problems' since one is due to the carpets and an earlier recall was due to the throttle bushing collapsing.

Well recalls so far on my jap car....Passenger seat airbag wiring...something to do with it exploding in your face if you move the seat, Handbrake something to do with it not working woooo!!!, Boot carpet (now been in twice for this in the last year as first fix wasn't enough) apparently if you opened the boot the courtesy light set the boot carpet on fire due to retained moisture corroding the connections. Then again never had to call the AA with this one!

looks like the regenerative thingy and the brakes are having a fight, and the driver loses.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8497471.stm

there's a lot to be said for simple old tech......
Fly by wire brakes are IMHO not the most intelligent idea. The 500 has a fly by wire throttle which is fine, but at least it's got proper braking system whereby the pedal is physically connected to the master cylinder......

I have to say that based on my experience with a toyota recall they will move heaven and earth to try and appease the poor owners.

My old truck was subject to a Japan based recall, toyota UK agreed to honour the recall for all surf owners in addition to their obligations to the 4runner owners (this was released in the UK)

All owners reported getting their trucks valeted, some got choccies, wine, or flowers, some got £10 worth of fuel as well - guess who was popular with the valeter for having been offroad just before the recall :rolleyes:

Back