THE BEST FIAT EVER

Currently reading:
THE BEST FIAT EVER

This poll isn't a true reflection of the cars in question. Most of the regulars on this forum are younger and mostly drive Cinqs or Seis, so of course, that's what they'll vote for. I'd imagine they've never even seen some of the cars mentioned above, never mind having driven, been a passenger in one or owned them! [xx(]

precisely.:) Serious thread revival there(y)

maybe better to do a best 70's launched, best 80's launched and best 90's

you may find one of their 300 mph FIAT's ( from an earlier period):rolleyes: would appear cool:D

of the vehicles likely to appear at Brooklands in 3 weeks,
the Coupe, Tipo 16V and the X1-9 are probably right up there..,:worship:

The best Fiats?

My top 10 would be as follows:

1. Grande Punto.
2. Punto mk2.
3. Modern Panda mk2.
4. Modern Panda mk1.
5. Coupe.
6. Classic 500.
7. New 500.
8. Punto mk1.
9. 127.
10. X1-9.

I wonder what the original 'best' list from 2004 looked like? Can't see it on this phone.

For me, Fiat wins on tiny cars (original 500, 126, Cinquecento), practical cars with good space for platform size (especially classic Panda, Uno and Tipo), cool sporty cars (850 coupe, Coupe, X 1-9) and weirdos (Mk1 Multipla).

So that's my list.

More I think about it, the more foolproof it looks.

That said, there's no modern car on my list. Which either means that I'm stuck in the past or Fiat really MUST TRY HARDER.

You may be right puntofan01 :)

If it makes you feel any better, the GP would be in my 11-20 list:

Grande Punto
Regata
Modern Panda Mk1
Stilo
Bravo Mk1
Punto Mk1
Strada
Seicento
Balilla

Because top 10 is never enough!

my FIAT PANDA 1.1 ECO that i have had for five months its a lot better than the SUZUKI ALTO 1.1 that i had and thought was very good but the PANDA is much better in many ways and a joy to drive on long or short journeys

puntofan01 - phew!

New Panda seems very un-Fiat to me... The bulgy lines have a sort of Hyundai feel to my jaded eyes. Plus, it's a known fact that all the best Fiats are, well, a bit boxy. And that's a good thing!

puntofan01 - phew!

New Panda seems very un-Fiat to me... The bulgy lines have a sort of Hyundai feel to my jaded eyes. Plus, it's a known fact that all the best Fiats are, well, a bit boxy. And that's a good thing!

Not really. To me personally, it looks an updated version of the previous model. Plus it has a neat, funky interior: very Fiat like, not very hyundai.

In no particular order:
S76
Topolino
Uno
Croma
124 Spider
131 Mirafiori

-Tazio

The 2004 Panda has to be up there with the best. Reliable, great value, class leading in its time & surely responsible for saving Fiat from ruin a long time before the new 500 arrived.

In 2004 the range consisted of a poor selling Stilo, poor selling Multipla, a Doblo, and a Punto which was a few years through its life span. The Panda appealed to the public and the motoring press almost universally. The 500 has surely raked in loads of cash for Fiat, but would Fiat have had the money to develop the 500 had it not been for the 2004 Panda sales? I'm not sure.

Other favourites including the Mk1 & Mk2 Bravo for just quietly & reliably getting on with the job without the limelight of more popular Fiats. The Mk2 Punto for great styling & sales success & the Multipla for taking the rule book & ripping it to shreds.

My top5:
At 1, without a doubt: fiat500(classic), you must have probably owned one to know how utterly briliant this car is...
2: fiat Uno
3: fiat 600 multipla
4: fiat 8v (by michelotto/vignale or zagato), no ons mentioned this ons before?, 1100tv Allemano is also good for its looks
5: the beast (s76)

Last edited:
Back