Technical TFT retrofit, byte 65 no response

Currently reading:
Technical TFT retrofit, byte 65 no response

Bobwilson76

Hi, new to the forum thanks for having me.
Just a question regarding the retrofitting of a TFT screen into a 2011 Twin Air. I've fitted it in and adjusted the mileage, service, and other various settings and done a Proxy Alignment. All seems good, the TPMS was on at original install but the proxy Align turned it off as its not fitted on the car. The screen lights up and shows B&M and then a picture of the car, doors open ok and all the dash seems to be operating as expected even the ECO mode and Stop/Start. I've tried to experiment with adjusting Byte 65 from 00 to 40, 20 and even 60 but nothing seems to change, the display stays the same? I have the full list of menus on the dash and all can be adjusted/viewed. Any ideas please? The dash is part number 735624426 from a 2014 1.2S. Thanks Bob

Attachments

• 20230222_133559.jpg
    20230222_133559.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 179
  • 20230222_132856.jpg
    20230222_132856.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 84
  • 20230222_141958.jpg
    20230222_141958.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 76
I'm confused as to what your issue is?

Perhaps I've ready it wrong?

Are you trying to change the style of the display to the arbarth version or something?
Yeah I've fitted the TFT and was just trying to make it display the other modes like Arbarth, 500T and the one I have currently, the standard 500. I was interested to see if the different displays would show something instead of ECO mode like Turbo or throttle position but nothing changes at all.

Yeah I've fitted the TFT and was just trying to make it display the other modes like Arbarth, 500T and the one I have currently, the standard 500. I was interested to see if the different displays would show something instead of ECO mode like Turbo or throttle position but nothing changes at all.
The turbos gauge dosnt work on other cars a believe it should still show the bar when set to the correct spec

Are you sure your carrying out the custom proxi procedure correctly? Best to double check the guide you have used to do it

The turbos gauge dosnt work on other cars a believe it should still show the bar when set to the correct spec

Are you sure your carrying out the custom proxi procedure correctly? Best to double check the guide you have used to do it
Yes I think you're right it doesn't operate but I was interested to see what it did do.
I'm pretty sure I followed the guide correctly, once on the body screen I can open the byte list and count to the 65th of 85 bytes and change it and click OK. After the alignment power down etc and it doesn't change, yet the byte list is still the same when I bring it back up. Still at whatever I set it to.

Attachments

• 20230222_141958.jpg
    20230222_141958.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 37
I've done it on the stereo but never on the TFT, I wasn't even aware you could.
Apparently it's possible to select between the three or four different screen options on the speedo clocks. From one to the other in the pictures and some other options too? Not sure if anyone else has tried it before?

Attachments

• 500-Connect-Interiors-tft-display-zoom-Portrait-1023x1024.jpg
    500-Connect-Interiors-tft-display-zoom-Portrait-1023x1024.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 40
  • s-l400 (3).jpg
    s-l400 (3).jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 39
Would be interested to see the document that has the hex code to be able to do this.
Copied and pasted from another site but basically this is the process to access the Hex code screen.

Once that is done, go to the Body Module screen in MES. Connect via the Proxi Alignment setting (not 595). Once connected you will see a lot of settings on the screen. These settings are read from the car modules, so you shouldn't have to change anything. Sadly, disabling the tire pressure monitoring system does not disable it so don't waste your time.

You can enable Hazard Light Switch-on In Deceleration if you want. This WORKS on my 2014. If you are going under heavy braking, the 4 way flashers will flash for that period of time until you let off the brake. I was able to test this by accident when someone almost drove into me haha. Anyways, make sure the following is set:

Vehicle Type: Type 11
Display Type: Matrix/4 Lines
Steering Wheel Type, if Abarth with Bluetooth etc: Type G/10 Buttons (Seemed to work for me). I'm sure 8 will work too.

Everything else should be set (Gas engine, LHD, etc).

Now, once that stuff is set, do not click on PROXI ALIGNEMENT PROCEDURE at the top the screen, first, we need to open a hidden menu in MES.

Press this on your keyboard: CTRL ALT C

This will open a HEX editor-like window. This is basically what is getting written to the body control modules, CTM, etc when we do the Proxi Alignment. Find Byte 65, this is the byte that controls the TFT displays.

Here's the following displays you can change the TFT to:

00 : This is the base 500 display. It has the crappy font from the base 500/500 sport and also features a Sport Mode. I personally do not like the font, gauge faces, drives me nuts, YMMV.

20 : This is another display that I have yet to try.

40 : This is the 500T display type. It features a digital turbo boost gauge (commanded boost) on the right side of the cluster in Sport Mode. I've been using this display for a little over 24 hours now and it works great.

- If you are running this display type in your Abarth, your OEM turbo boost gauge will be "turned off" as the 500T does not have this gauge. The cluster *runs* that turbo boost gauge. It won't even light up. For those that have after market boost gauges in this spot, this may cause your aftermarket gauge to not get power or illuminate depending on how you wired it. This cluster uses the same font as the Abarth cluster. A+.

60 : This is the Abarth display type. It features a throttle position indicator in Sport Mode which does not work, Abarth branded Start Up/Shut Down screens and G-Force, which does not work. You can simply turn off G-Force and have it display tire pressure or the radio or average Kms to get around that issue. Not a big deal, but the throttle position gauge, there is not a fix for it yet. (This is why I switched to the 500T display type).

Copied and pasted from another site but basically this is the process to access the Hex code screen.

Once that is done, go to the Body Module screen in MES. Connect via the Proxi Alignment setting (not 595). Once connected you will see a lot of settings on the screen. These settings are read from the car modules, so you shouldn't have to change anything. Sadly, disabling the tire pressure monitoring system does not disable it so don't waste your time.

You can enable Hazard Light Switch-on In Deceleration if you want. This WORKS on my 2014. If you are going under heavy braking, the 4 way flashers will flash for that period of time until you let off the brake. I was able to test this by accident when someone almost drove into me haha. Anyways, make sure the following is set:

Vehicle Type: Type 11
Display Type: Matrix/4 Lines
Steering Wheel Type, if Abarth with Bluetooth etc: Type G/10 Buttons (Seemed to work for me). I'm sure 8 will work too.

Everything else should be set (Gas engine, LHD, etc).

Now, once that stuff is set, do not click on PROXI ALIGNEMENT PROCEDURE at the top the screen, first, we need to open a hidden menu in MES.

Press this on your keyboard: CTRL ALT C

This will open a HEX editor-like window. This is basically what is getting written to the body control modules, CTM, etc when we do the Proxi Alignment. Find Byte 65, this is the byte that controls the TFT displays.

Here's the following displays you can change the TFT to:

00 : This is the base 500 display. It has the crappy font from the base 500/500 sport and also features a Sport Mode. I personally do not like the font, gauge faces, drives me nuts, YMMV.

20 : This is another display that I have yet to try.

40 : This is the 500T display type. It features a digital turbo boost gauge (commanded boost) on the right side of the cluster in Sport Mode. I've been using this display for a little over 24 hours now and it works great.

- If you are running this display type in your Abarth, your OEM turbo boost gauge will be "turned off" as the 500T does not have this gauge. The cluster *runs* that turbo boost gauge. It won't even light up. For those that have after market boost gauges in this spot, this may cause your aftermarket gauge to not get power or illuminate depending on how you wired it. This cluster uses the same font as the Abarth cluster. A+.

60 : This is the Abarth display type. It features a throttle position indicator in Sport Mode which does not work, Abarth branded Start Up/Shut Down screens and G-Force, which does not work. You can simply turn off G-Force and have it display tire pressure or the radio or average Kms to get around that issue. Not a big deal, but the throttle position gauge, there is not a fix for it yet. (This is why I switched to the 500T display type).
Thanks for that. Same menu as the changes for car play, DAB etc etc. I'll have a look at one of mine as I have a TFT display, so will have a play. Cheers.

Thanks for that. Same menu as the changes for car play, DAB etc etc. I'll have a look at one of mine as I have a TFT display, so will have a play. Cheers.
Please let me know how you get on, and if you can swap the display to anything else. Cheers

curious what the 500T display looks like when not in Sport mode?
what does is show instead of the turbo gauge? That useless Eco thingy?

For the record. I have byte 65 now set to 60/Abarth but I still have the 500 startup logo. It didn’t change to the Abarth logo.

curious what the 500T display looks like when not in Sport mode?
what does is show instead of the turbo gauge? That useless Eco thingy?

For the record. I have byte 65 now set to 60/Abarth but I still have the 500 startup logo. It didn’t change to the Abarth logo.
I think some of the differences is instead of a turbo gauge you get a throttle percentage reading.

Back