General Test passed - now waiting for the Panda

Currently reading:
General Test passed - now waiting for the Panda

Thanks for all the replies everyone, and the congrats are much appreciated. It was my first time of taking it and i'm extremly happy to have passed.
For the moment i'm getting a little experience in my mums car, a 1.2 Corsa C :yuck:. It's in aqua green aswell, which doesn't help, but i'm not bothered its getting me used to the road until I get unleased in my little panda.
I will take it easy, don't worry, i've convinced myself that i'm going to run it in for at least a few thousand (whether it needs it or not) just to be on the safe side. And when I get Penny (the Panda) I will post multiple pictures of her and me :D

Congratulations on passing your test, and a great choice of car!!!! :D

Why is it every thread i see you commenting on, i find an arrogant, self centered, preaching comment similar that? :confused::mad:

Maybe its just the way it comes across and isnt meant like that of course ;)

It wasn't meant like that I was just being honest and straight to the point (as always). I see no point whatsoever in mincing my words. We all know that passing your test is one thing, but where you go from there on in is quite another. There is a hell of lot to learn about driving that you don't get taught whilst learning.

As other's have said the 100hp is indeed a very safe handling car so it really won't bite you unless you are an absolute hooligan.

I will take it easy, don't worry, i've convinced myself that i'm going to run it in for at least a few thousand (whether it needs it or not) just to be on the safe side. And when I get Penny (the Panda) I will post multiple pictures of her and me :D
Don't run it in in the traditional sense.
Build up the maximum rpm that you use over a few hundred miles but try to run the engine throughout the rpm range rather than cruise along at the same speed in the same gear.

Don't forget it's not just the engine that you're running in (or not), it's the brakes too and even scrubbing release agent from the tyres. There are lots of different opinions when it comes to running in, have a read up on it and do what you feel is right I reckon.

Here are a view thoughts from an earlier thread about running in..

Congratulations on passing and I've found all the best drivers get 2 minors on their first attempt ;)

As others have said enjoy the 100hp and enjoy the path to driving enlightenment :D

Chris

Back