Technical Temp sensor

Currently reading:
Technical Temp sensor

Has anyone had the temperature sensor fail? Mine just showing --

Is it an easy inexpensive fix?
I had mine go on my 500X. I think it’s the same on the Tipo. It’s the little lump on the underside of the left door mirror. It showed the wrong temp during cold weather and affected my aircon. The whole mirror was replaced under warranty. They said the little sensor was not separate to the mirror assembly.

I put on of these into a family members 500l had to cut and solder however

Worked fine after can't find one for a Tipo however had to drill a new hole as the old one was bonded in

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Is it crucial to anything in the car if I don't sort it? Don't fancy cost of a new mirror!
It made my aircon /heating on auto mess up the temperature. It was giving out a false temp so made it work either too hot or too cold. It’s only a little sensor yet can’t be separated from the mirror assembly. All it needed was a couple of connectors and a thread and sensor could be easily replaced. Putting aircon to manual seemed to cure it but it was covered under warranty so that’s why it was fixed.

Has anyone removed the wing mirror glass off a Tipo, will it just pop off with a trim removal tool behind it?
Most mirror glasses I’ve taken out normally just pop out with a good tug, can be a bit stubborn, often have metal locking tabs that come out at same time. Sure there’ll be a youtube video somewhere or one for a similar model

Most mirror glasses I’ve taken out normally just pop out with a good tug, can be a bit stubborn, often have metal locking tabs that come out at same time. Sure there’ll be a youtube video somewhere or one for a similar model
Cheers, struggling to find Tipo specific videos but lots on 500/x so hoping will be similar!

Ok I've managed to pick up a new sensor and thermistor off eBay and swapped them over today. I now have a temperature reading but it's way off! It's about 4c out but it's reading 34c would I need to reset something or have I b3en sold a lemon. I've contacted the seller but don't expect a reply as it's the weekend...

Got a replacement sensor off the eBay chap as assumed first one is a dud but it's exactly the same about 30c higher than actual temperature. Beginning to think it could be the wrong one unless anyone knows if there's a reset or calibration sequence? I disconnected battery for 15 mins which I thought may help but no difference! Surely can't be this difficult 😂

Back