Tata have bought Jag and Land Rover

Currently reading:
Tata have bought Jag and Land Rover

the rumours about alfa getting the XF platform began several months ago, way before TATA knew they were getting jag&LR (unoffically they knew at xmas). that is a sign its a rumour based on little or no fact. things we know for definate are; alfa want to go RWD, alfa cant afford to develop a platform, TATA and fiat have a good relationship, TATA now own RWD platforms. all that is missing is something TATA want that fiat have, unfortunatly i cant see what that is now that TATA have bought LR&jag, so i'm not getting over excited, even though the thought of alfa going back to RWD makes my heart throb.

Last edited:
Agree with Hellcat on this one - engines, small one at that, remember that Jaguar and Landrover started to buy in diesel engines from PSA group, and that may not be included in the deal. Personally I think TATA have a good deal out of it - 2 top name brands, a growing home economy believe it or not! and loads of vehicle building experience ( their all wheel drive lorrys are very rugged and were highly regarded by those that used them - old bedford or TATA only one choice really )

Back