Technical Tailgate release microswitch

Currently reading:
Technical Tailgate release microswitch

Juliann

Have read some threads but can’t find a specific answer…..handle release microswitch appears to have failed and I’m reluctant to buy a whole new handle panel when the problem is just a 10p microswitch. Has anyone found a suitable switch ; I am tempted to give this one a try but my knowledge of electronics is pretty much nonexistent!
IMG_1335.png

Normally the handle jams with dirt stopping the handle from pivoting

A good clean of the ends gets them working again

Do this fist it fixes 90%

The micro switch is glued in, it not easy to replace

A separate switch has been added before

@portland_bill

Last edited:
Normally the handle jams with dirt stopping the handle from pivoting

A good clean of the ends gets them working again

Do this fist it fixes 90%

The micro switch is glued in, it not easy to replace

A separate switch has been added before

@portland_bill

Thanks; yes, I have removed and cleaned the handle & pivot, and the microswitch just slid out of its housing. When I press the button on the switch side, it does nothing; so I was thinking of just buying a new switch of the same dimensions but unsure if there are any other spec details I need (voltage; amperage etc?) . Trying to avoid fitting an additional switch if possible.

Thanks; yes, I have removed and cleaned the handle & pivot, and the microswitch just slid out of its housing. When I press the button on the switch side, it does nothing; so I was thinking of just buying a new switch of the same dimensions but unsure if there are any other spec details I need (voltage; amperage etc?) . Trying to avoid fitting an additional switch if possible.
I never seen one that slides out, they are normally epoxed or melted in

Anyhow any switch of the correct dimensions will work

It's just short to ground of a voltage sent from the body computer, there's very little currant

I never seen one that slides out, they are normally epoxed or melted in

Anyhow any switch of the correct dimensions will work

It's just short to ground of a voltage sent from the body computer, there's very little currant
Perfect; thanks for your help. I will give it a go when I get back to UK with his new seat covers I had to get delivered inside the EU because of Brexit!!!
IMG_1339.jpeg

Pretty sure none we have posted so far will be plug and play

The raised lip on yours will probably stop it seating correctly, the button looks too short

Mine the button is too near the end,

The good news is it is a generic part, the dimples on the end are so a lever on the left or right could be fitted, which is not used in this case

If the was a make and part number it would have been so much simpler

Totally ignore everything I have said above it wrong

Original switch is on the left in the photo

Amazon on the right

It's smaller than the standard micro switchs

Picture 1 (1) (3).jpg

Totally ignore everything I have said above it wrong

Original switch is on the left in the photo

Amazon on the right

It's smaller than the standard micro switchs

View attachment 441078
Ha ha , Thanks - I have asked on Reddit about the wrong switch. lol. Your original looks to be missing the button. When I return, I’ll dismantle mine again as it’s complete and take a photo. I should have done that when I had an exploratory look last week!

Back