Technical Clutch release bearing

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch release bearing

DaveMcT

Distinguished member
Does anyone have a clutch release bearing (ideally new) that I could buy? My Multijet has a (nearly) new clutch but for some reason the release bearing was not changed. It's old and rough. I've checked the various suppliers and they all want to sell the complete kit.

Eper calls it "sleeve bearing" and shows the same part number 73501249 for 1.1/1.2 and Multijet (MJTD).

Can anyone help?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 29
Thanks but they are all out of stock. :-(

But another look on eBay found one in Belgium for £20.50 delivered. It's 2 weeks delivery time but better than adding another £80 for a clutch I don't really need.

You're welcome to the one I took off my 1.2 in April 2021.
Clutch was changed due to oil contamination, there was plenty of meat left on the clutch plate
But it is far from new. That clutch was dated December 2013, so it was possibly on the car for the best part of 7 years
There's also some lateral play in it (see photos). I assume it's not supposed to do that - probably thrashed about a bit due to the collapsed input shaft bearing on my 'box.
Anyway, if it's of any interest, drop me a DM with an address and I'll be happy to post it.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 38
I don’t know the answer but

Are all manufacturers the same ?

You could have a taller pressure plate and thinner release or the other way round only the total hight is important.

I seen the Exedy clutch kits at half price recently around £35 for the 1.3D which isn’t a lot more than just the release bearing.

My searches all used the Fiat part number from ePER - 73501249. They call it - "sleeve bearing". It's used on 1.1, 1.2 and MJet. Our ePER does not include the 1.4, but suppliers show the same part number for 100HP and MJet.

ePER
1.1 and 1.2 friction and pressure plate kit is 71738919 with four previous part numbers.
MJet and 1.4 clutch is 71739511 previous versions had the same part number.

I've also seen cheap clutch kits (£55) but it's impossible to know if they are durable. I'm in no panic rush so bought a bearing for £20 that's arriving mid Feb. When the clutch eventually needs replacing I'll go the LuK or similar.

The new release bearing has just arrived. A very nice SKF for £16.50 plus £4 delivery. Gearbox is going onto the engine very soon. It came out as a lump, so it's going back in the same way.

Back