Super MOT

Currently reading:
Super MOT

Liam

hi friends :waves:
Discuss!

Super_MOT_Test.jpg

Liam

Another tax on the motorist. Surely its enough that the parts you change conform to a standard MOT. If you fit a bodykit it should be checked that it is secure in the same way your body is checked for loose parts in a standard MOT. If you uprate the brakes then isn't it enough that they pass the limit for standard brakes?

I honestly can't see the point.

Nooooo!!!!

My car doesnt stand a hope in hell of passing!!!
Its probably safer than a lot of cars that are on the road as it is too....

Most of the modifications are already checked as part of the existing mot

Uprated pads and disks = better braking effort/efficiency = stops better.

Uprated dampers = better handling = more control on the road.

Bigger/wider wheels = more contact with the road = more grip.

Conclusion - modified = better and therefore safer than standard cars overall.

Last edited:
Where was the article taken from?

Who's going to check that all modified cars have taken this test? Who's going to check that all cars that have modified parts are registered as modified? It's unenforcable!

I know my brakes are much better than they used to be. I can feel the suspension bushes straining to keep the wheels in a straight line under heavy braking - time to replace the lower arms me thinks...

This might seem like a bad idea until you read some of the dodgier car forums, people suggesting that instead of lowering your car, just cut the standard springs down, people with front tints so dark they struggle to see at night etc. Not everyone is sensible about their modifications :( Or are the people compaining concerned that their car wouldn't pass because there's something wrong with it?

this stuff has been brewing through most of the decent mags (retro, practical performance car) for a good few months now

like helz says if the rules will be there to take the dangerous ones off the road, then fair enough. super MOT? it was enevitable.

Back