Off Topic Summer Trip

Currently reading:
Off Topic Summer Trip

Me and the mr are thinking about a trip to the nurburgring (in his car) as I am still waiting for mine. He has the VW Scirrocco 2.0 TSI with a DSG gearbox so he wants to give it wizz round (y) especially with the launch control. Only tried this a couple of times, with the result being me pushed to the back of my seat with neck ache. So... looking forward to the trip if we manage it, but not the way he drives :)

You can give it good test drive and max the car out on the unrestricted autobahn on the way there! That's the reason I've never driven down there, unless your going for the window sticker and to say "I've driven round the Nurburgring".

Definitely a worthwhile road trip all the same.
http://www.nuerburgring.de/en.html

You can give it good test drive and max the car out on the unrestricted autobahn on the way there! That's the reason I've never driven down there, unless your going for the window sticker and to say "I've driven round the Nurburgring".

Definitely a worthwhile road trip all the same.
http://www.nuerburgring.de/en.html

We're not going now :( he's just ordered a new car and Is trading in the scirocco, so now he's turned in to a sensible driver :(

Pics of the castle Maxi ? :)

After making a decision on Chamonix we thought hard about the offer to go with some friends to Norway instead, no brainer Norway is booked.

CryinAir to Oslo, 8 hr train to Bergen, drive south to flatraker, couple of days at pulpit rock, hadangerfjord, Flogefonna Glacier and a few more hikes and Norwegien back to Gatwick.

Will have some pics like this..

Geirangerfjord.jpg

My brother is a naturalized Norwegian and has lived in Voss for almost 40 years. Beautiful area but the licensing laws are a bit strange.

Road Trip!
I took my Fiat 500 to Mykonos with me for a weekend and loved it!
The car is perfectly suited to narrow winding roads up and down hills! The brakes got quite a good workout and it was really good fun! There is basically no police and some parts of the island is very isolated so you actually feel like you are in a rally stage on the open roads wide enough only for barely one car. I also had to take it offroad quite a few times to which it did well. I didnt push it much on the offroad as it is my personal car (if it was a rental i would have had some more fun) but the high clearance of the Fiat 500 meant that I did not bottom out the car once even though the suspension got a really good workout. Jnoiles you would have loved the roads and you should take your 1.4 to Mykonos if you happen to go. The 1.4 absolutely loves a thrash and the downshifting before going into tight bends from lets say 4th or 5th into second was really fun.

Didnt take many pictures as i was driving alone and didnt want to crash but here is one showing the offroad dirt track when the paved road had ended.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 12
Back