Off Topic Summer Trip

Currently reading:
Off Topic Summer Trip

A 500 would do it for two people, but for three, I don't think so. Horses for courses.
:yeahthat:
3 in a 500 with luggage would be 'pushing' it. If it was a male and 2 females with the passenger seat pushed forward a bit you might be OK. The 500 is really a coupe in terms of headroom height.

ABS IIS slightly dodgy in the Subaru so the wife will make noise if I take it.

Not sure how much the 500 will save on fuel tbh....

Ok, so far I've booked a hotel in Ashford for tomorrow night and a eurotunnel crossing at 5am in the morning :p

Yes, have a great holiday. Just take it easy.

Make sure you carry a few breathalysers. My friend lives in France and was stopped twice by police on his way home to the south last week - in the afternoon when they are after lunchtime drinkers - and you are expected to provide your own kit. Very cheap throw away things they are.

Have fun.

Ok, so far I've booked a hotel in Ashford for tomorrow night and a eurotunnel crossing at 5am in the morning :p

Maxi "so far"... Are you booking the hotels today before you go tomorrow !! Have a great trip and thanks for all your help on the Forum.

Post pics in this thread whilst there (if poss).

Yes, have a great holiday. Just take it easy.

Make sure you carry a few breathalysers. My friend lives in France and was stopped twice by police on his way home to the south last week - in the afternoon when they are after lunchtime drinkers - and you are expected to provide your own kit. Very cheap throw away things they are.

Have fun.

Yes, I heard that you have to provide the breathalysers, next thing they will ask you to provide your own handcuffs too !!

btw Maxi does not drink.

I didn't know that.

He still needs to have them though, plus the bulbs and the triangle etc..

It used to be so easy...

Maxi "so far"... Are you booking the hotels today before you go tomorrow !! Have a great trip and thanks for all your help on the Forum.

Post pics in this thread whilst there (if poss).

Yes, I heard that you have to provide the breathalysers, next thing they will ask you to provide your own handcuffs too !!

btw Maxi does not drink.

If my dad doesn't have a paddy tonight like he did last night I hope to get most if not all of the accomodation booked tonight.

Breathalyzers aren't needed till Nov 1st thankfully :) Not that I'd need one as I don't drink :)

Will try and post pictures where possible :)

If my dad doesn't have a paddy tonight like he did last night I hope to get most if not all of the accomodation booked tonight.

Breathalyzers aren't needed till Nov 1st thankfully :) Not that I'd need one as I don't drink :)

Will try and post pictures where possible :)

Perhaps it's something to do with it being the longest day, but what was hopefully the peak of my dads ability to have a paddy was reached.

2 nights booked in Chamonix much to my parents displeasure..... can't please some people......

349 miles done this evening all by me. Knackered and about to settle down for a couple of hours kip in the 500 before the tunnel at 5. Car is doing above 50 mpg with 3 passengers, a boot full of luggage and an average speed of 60 mph. Not bad!

Night!!!!

Back