New Feature Subscription Notifications

Currently reading:
New Feature Subscription Notifications

A very useful feature just added (thanks to QuadrifoglioVerde for the idea) is the ability to use the notification bar up the top to let you know about new subscription alerts.

If you wanted to know, but didn't like getting emails (or like emails, but wanted a visual indicator too) then this has now been solved for you.

The "Notification Center" (blue box at the top right of the screen) now has a count of "New Subscribed Posts", which stays active until you view the subscription listing screen.

If you want it to notify you of all threads you post in, then set your "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to something *other than* "Do Not Subscribe" on the Profile Options page.

Personally, I have mine set to "No email notification" - so just the counter at the top is used (or the mobile app push notifications if you use that)

is there anyway i can turn this off Ben? its serving only to annoy me lol..

I have my User Control Panel bookmarked and thats is my landing page when i come to the forum, it has been for like over 15 years. So i see all my unread subbed threads immediately but i have to also click the notification icon to get them to go away.

If reading the thread without going to the notifications made them go away it'd be fine but it doesnt, you have to go view the notifications for them to go away and its making the forum very very frustrating for me.

Last edited:
blu73;bt16353 said:
is there anyway i can turn this off Ben? its serving only to annoy me lol..

I have my User Control Panel bookmarked and thats is my landing page when i come to the forum, it has been for like over 15 years. So i see all my unread subbed threads immediately but i have to also click the notification icon to get them to go away.

If reading the thread without going to the notifications made them go away it'd be fine but it doesnt, you have to go view the notifications for them to go away and its making the forum very very frustrating for me.

Ah, so the usercp root page also lists them, I didn't realise that. I'll set that notification to clear on that page too then.

Back