General Strongflex

Currently reading:
General Strongflex

I wonder how long Stronglex have known about this issue?

the polish guys at stongflex said they have made a modified set of brackets as they had alot snap

If It's been several months, Strongflex should have notified customers who purchased the earlier version of a potential problem and offered a replacement.

If I had been travelling at higher speed around country lanes in the wet and the bracket failed in a bend, The car might have spun out due to sudden weight transfer and the ARB contacting the drive shaft.

Also, If this has been a known problem within the cross channel tuning sector then how have we missed it?

The funny thing is, When I was fitting the brackets, I thought they looked a bit thin for the design.:mad:

Reply:

"Hello

Yes we modified the arm clip and I'd like to ask you something. Can you tell me what height has your clips (see picture which dimension interest me: http://strongflex.vot.pl/images/diagrams/fiat-sc-clip.png ) because we need to verify what version do you have now.

If you have old version of this clip we send you new modified.

With regards, Marcos."

Dont suppose you know the old and the new measurements do you Andy? cant be bothered to take mine off, especially if they are fragile :p

my new brackets were definately thicker than the first set same shape etc etc just thicker guage(y)(y) my old set is in the bin weeks ago and the new ones are on the car.i can put some pics up if required???(y)come to think of it they were slightly taller but i put that down to the old ones being a bit twisted

Last edited:
I would say that the new one would be slightly taller

Yes, But http://strongflex.vot.pl/images/diagrams/fiat-sc-clip.png the picture shows internal dimension measurement...Which would not change if it is to fit the original bush even if 10mm thick metal was used for the bracket.

Something is missing here.

Like simple calculations in engineering? Have Strongflex forgotten these dimentions or is it a trick question?

Last edited:
All i sent to them was i had bought a set 18 months previously and the arb brackets had snapped and did they sell replacements and the reply was that they had problems with original sets and to forward my address and new ones would be sent that day and they were(y)
i will certainly use them/recommend them to anyone and i prefer them to powerflex as powerflex dont seem quite as hard as the strongflex items:D:D

just looking at ordering some of these for the front of my sei looking at the front kit it doent come with arb bushes my question is what ones do i need todger said about not needing the inners but on the website i cannot find the outers on there

http://www.strongflex.vot.pl/images..._seicento_poliuretan_zawieszenie_przednie.png

do i need the 061184 or the 061182 for the outers or does it not matter??

cheers

lee

Well, fitted the engine mounts, no problems....however the ARB bushes....hhmmm

The inner ones simply don't fit. I couldn't install the bracket (should I have bought a strongflex bracket?)....In my attempt to install I stripped the thread of the captive nut for the lower arm and had to cut a hole in the floor to sort :eek:

The outer ones had superflex with associated bracke tanyway, and they weren't worn, so I reinstalled them.....the strongflex bush wouldn't fit the superflex bracket and the superflex bracket was much thinner. About as thin as in CC1's photo's...i'll have to measure, but I don't fancy one breaking any time soon.

Kristian

Had a few small problems installing my Strongflex sport bushes for my 1242 conversion.
The ARB brackets, like the ones in this post, often snap when you take the old ones off of the car. Usually that wouldnt be a problem and just go to Fiat or a scrapyard and get a new pair.
Well Fiat no longer produce these in the UK. So it looks like theyve already started to discontinue parts as they are coming up to 10 years old. Luckily you can still get them from Unto.pl. Cost me just under £15 for the pair, including postage. Fiat wanted to charge me £30 for a pair.
Went to scrappy and tried to get another pair off of a cento they had there, snapped bolts again though. Though one was my fault as i was accidently tightening the nut, not loosening :D

I bought all my bushes and engine mounts roughly a year ago know and theyve all been stored inside in the warm. We were putting the gearbox mount insert in and noticed that it had started to split in one of the corners (see attached image).
Tried to email Strongflex, as did Todger on my behalf, but didnt hear from them for over a week. So biting the bullet, i ordered another new one.
Within 5 minutes of ordering it i got a reply from Strongflex telling me them had only just seen my email (funny that :rolleyes:) even though i'd already sent them about 3/4. They're sending me a new one free of charge and are refuding my order :)

Pirus

Attachments

• IMG_1216.JPG
    IMG_1216.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
Back