General Strongflex

Currently reading:
General Strongflex

Had one of the strongflex anti roll bar brackets shear off today. The roll bar hit the CV boot and ripped the crap out of it throwing grease all over the place.

I only replaced the boots 3 months ago for genuine fiat ones as the after market's split within a year of fitting.

I'm thinking that there may be a weakness in the bends on the bracket, So will get genuine fiat to compare.

I have just fitted Powerflex rear arm bushes to Shuey 2, And can say that they are of better quality. The arms fit easy compared to Strongflex.

Last edited:
I won't argue, the bushes are a tight fit.

But I sanded some off of both sides then lubed them up with the provided grease and they popped into place and are still nice and snug over 12 months on.

I find the material that stronglfex use is less forgiving, if you want a smooth ride then sticking with the standard bushes is the way to go. Oh and as for the engine mounts, all comfort is completely lost. I'm going by a 16V engine however, 8V might not be so bad.

I haven't had a problem with the brackets yet, but my old ones that were originally fitted weren't stainless so I opted to use the provided ones.

Did you tighten it up properly using decent sized washers?

Thanks

X

Last edited:
Fiat brackets and boots are now on order.

The damage:

S7300184.JPG

I think the stiffer springs put extra strain on the brackets and the damn speed humps.

The arb is central. Camera angle not good. I remember going over a speed hump with the drivers wheel and hearing a ting ting ding ting, sort of thing:eek:.

I hope your a speed bump crawler, and not one of the plonka that race over them at 30mph. I don't go any faster than 10mph over them :D.

Impolite people can break their cars and ovetake me, I'm saving my suspension and chassis for future reference :D.

Thanks

X

i had my first set of anti roll bar brackets snap and i contacted the polish guys at stongflex and they said they have made a modified set of brackets as they had alot snap so they send them out free of charge and were here in 5 days and they are a bit thicker than the originals they sent and so far so good:D:D

Attachments

• IMG_0430.JPG
    IMG_0430.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
Reactions: cc1
Back