General Strongflex

Currently reading:
General Strongflex

Just a heads up to anyone thinking of buying their bush kits.

Don't use their ebay page as it is quite expensive, I just ordered a full set direct from their own website and found that they are nearly £20 cheaper.

I just ordered a full sport set for £105.10 (postal airmail 4-7 days) delivered, or you can have UPS delivery for £115 (probs about 2-4 working days at a guess)

I have opted for the cheaper one because i'm in no great hurry for them.

Anyway thought I would pass on the news, and I will let everyone know if they are a good buy once I receive them.

Thanks

No I couldn't afford them at the time. I'm just going to fill my old mounts up with tigerseal.

Best thing is with strongflex is the ARB bushes, pita to slide on though.

I'll upload some pics in a bit of it all.

It's all going together nicely though, and material is very stiff not alot of give at all. Can't even push a fingernail into it. I would take a guess and say the road one will have alot more give in it.

See how the sport performs first though :D.

Thanks

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Do you rememeber how much was postage? am really interested into the engine mount inserts, but not suur how the left one work

bikopur_061242a_poliuretan_fiat_cc_sc_wkladka_poduszki_silnika_avg_bp.jpg

I'd say the left one is for the rear mount, but when i got the mount out, there doesn't seems to be any space to puting something like that ?

The right one is for passenger side mount (at the front of the car)

Ming

Thanks for the link , those kits look like excellent value!

I was considering just getting a powerflex rear kit to sort out my pair of knockers (oo-er) but for not much more could have a strongflex full kit (y)

Would be interested to hear your impressions after you've driven the car. I think I would opt for the cheaper 'red' kit as comparing durometer reference charts 80Sha vs 90Sha I doubt I would notice the difference on an otherwise std car.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link , those kits look like excellent value!

I was considering just getting a powerflex rear kit to sort out my pair of knockers (oo-er) but for not much more could have a strongflex full kit (y)

Would be interested to hear your impressions after you've driven the car. I think I would opt for the cheaper 'red' kit as comparing durometer reference charts 80Sha vs 90Sha I doubt I would notice the difference on an otherwise std car.

Hmm i got poweflex just for the rear for £57 posted!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POWERFLEX-FIA...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5885d9381d

Ming

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Do you rememeber how much was postage? am really interested into the engine mount inserts, but not suur how the left one work

bikopur_061242a_poliuretan_fiat_cc_sc_wkladka_poduszki_silnika_avg_bp.jpg

I'd say the left one is for the rear mount, but when i got the mount out, there doesn't seems to be any space to puting something like that ?

The right one is for passenger side mount (at the front of the car)

Ming

Just ordered a complete sport enginemount set today!
I'll let you know ;)

EDIT: The left one goes into the centermount by replacing the plastic center. Made a pic(y)

Attachments

• centermount.jpg
    centermount.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Don't know either :yum: I'm even scared to pull it out without ruin the whole thing :yum:
I'm going to try it first on the old one (y)But I think it will slip off without a problem, inside is rubber. (Maybe use some lubricant)

Last edited:
Back